Review of xSCOPE browser + many cool improvements...

Last Updated:

1. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    Bramsy likes this.
  2. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member

Very good browser. My only complaint is that sometimes it refuses to load pages. I just switch back to the stock browser and go back to Xscope later. It also does not seem to hold more than 10 favorites but i believe that is because i am using the free version.

3. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member

I love me some XScope. There is a new update like twice a week with new improvements. Well worth the money.

4. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

I didn't see one thing in that demo that seemed worth paying for, over the stock or dolphin. When he was moving around the pages it seemed very laggy, and sluggish. Maybe that was just the video though...not sure.

The double tap zoom seems pretty cool...but I'm still content with what I have.

Did he miss alot of the really good features? He seemed to repeat himself alot and just say it has a lot of cool stuff.

Joe

5. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Xscope is definitely an improvement over the stock browser, regarding Dolphin though I couldn't say as I never used it. Xscope is really quick, and the only lag I ever really encounter is during the page resizing. Once that gets done rendering (which doesn't take long), the pages all scroll really well.

A few things the video didn't show:
    1. There is a built in task killer.
    2. Built in file browser.
    3. Quick access to clear all browser data, bit by bit or all at once.
    4. Runs windowed or fullscreen (hide/show notification bar)
    5. Download Youtube videos
    6. Developer is extremely quick to work on fixing any issues that pop up.

A lot of these options I believe you can only access in the paid version, but its a pretty cheap app for the convenience it offers. I'm sure there are more options available, but I haven't really dove into the app fully yet.

6. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

I like xscope, but I find the pinch zoom not nearly as smooth as the stock browser with custom roms with pinch zoom. The auto fit page also doesn't work very well. If that gets fixed I might go back to it for tabs.

7. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

I use Xscope in replacement to my stock, the only thing is sometimes I click on links and it opens up the stock browser.......oh well I'm prob doing something wrong.

8. Hemorrdrhoid

Hemorrdrhoid Well-Known Member

I use Xscope and Dolphin, but tend toward Dolphin more often. The reasons being that it remembers my last pages (I often leave a few pages open to monitor sites or read feeds), it has the quick links to Google apps, it holds more bookmarks in the free version, the typing input is faster (Xscope gets laggy), and it has gestures, which is pretty useful. I also like that the tabs are bigger and easier to navigate in Dolphin; it's easy to eff up the tiny tabs in Xscope. That said, I find the pinch zoom about the same in each, and both remember passwords just fine. I use Astro, so the file mgmt and task killer functions in Xscope are redundant and don't offer the full-bodied abilities of Astro, which has the viewers for multiple file types.

9. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

seeing the comments as to how often the dev updates this browser, these complaints seem like they'll be resolved....?

looks cool!

10. GreedyBird

GreedyBird Well-Known Member

I use xScope as my primary browser (the lite version).. however I do not like the animations when the tabs are closed. They are laggy..even when OC. There doesn't appear to be a way to turn them off either

11. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Well I decided to play around with xscope some more and I figured out how to get text wrap to work well. Zoom to the size text you want and then double tap on the left edge of the screen. The text will then justify left and wrap to fit the screen.

12. Interventizio

Interventizio Member

I bought the app. Some features I would like: possibility to organize favorites and a read later function. They are both in dolphin but I find dolphin to suck resources and battery more than xscope does.

13. droid-in

droid-in New Member

IMHO a really great browser. I have used the stock, stock rooted (with multitouch) and dolphin. I like Xscope MUCH better. Yes the dev never sleeps. I get more updates for it than any other app (by far!)