• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review of ZeroLemon 9300 mAh extended battery for Note 2 w/pics!!!

From all of your review this battery seems awesome :)

However, does anyone know is there a case available for it? Not a cheap plastic cover one, a proper leather type one.

Any ideas?

Zerolemon is working on a rugged case due for release by the end of this month. That one can be used with either standard slim battery, or double extended battery, or triple ZL battery. I don't have details yet, but since it's "rugged" that will not be a "proper leather" for sure. Surprisingly nobody looked into making one. I guess ZL was late to the game with a release of the battery and a lot of the companies probably think by the time a new case is designed and ready for mass production - N3 going to be released ;)

Upvote 0
Just curious if you had heard anything more on the expected release date of the hard case Twister.

Unfortunately the date got pushed again :( They are working on S4 and N2 rugged cases simultaneously, and finally done with a mold and final selection of the material. From what I understand, it should be available by the end of August. Yeah, I know, very frustrating...

Upvote 0
Just saw this thread and I need this battery!

I found it in Amazon:
[180 days warranty] ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy Note II 9300mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case with 180 days Zero Lemon Guarantee Warranty (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100, T-Mobile Galaxy Note II SG

I'm confused on one thing though. Do I use my charger that came with my Note 2 with this battery or do I need to buy a separate charger?

Is there any news on the rugged case? I'm not sure if I should order this now or wait for the rugged case.

Upvote 0
Just saw this thread and I need this battery!

I found it in Amazon:
[180 days warranty] ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy Note II 9300mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case with 180 days Zero Lemon Guarantee Warranty (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100, T-Mobile Galaxy Note II SG

I'm confused on one thing though. Do I use my charger that came with my Note 2 with this battery or do I need to buy a separate charger?

You can charge it while its in your phone, like the existing battery.. by plugging your existing charger into the phone

Upvote 0
Is there any news on the rugged case? I'm not sure if I should order this now or wait for the rugged case.

According to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/zerolemon

To All inquiring about rugged cases for Galaxy S3 / Galaxy S4 / Note 2 -

We are now working on the final prod run which will have all these available no later than August 30th. We are sorry for the delay but we want to make sure everything is perfect before releasing our final spec to our partner factory. Thank you again for all your support and we will definitely keep everyone posted on this case.

Upvote 0
Just got home and the battery is here!

I am going to wait until later tonight to put it in the phone and charge it for 12hrs.

I can't wait to see the performance of this battery!

Honestly, it doesn't matter if you charge it or drain it. ZL recommends charging it up, and give it a few more extra hours since obviously it's not calibrated and N2 might report 100% while its still getting there. Just keep in mind it will need a few cycles before its calibrated, and even then don't rely 100% on indicator. One thing I can tell you for sure - whatever battery life you've been getting up to this point will be TRIPLED!!!

Upvote 0
I put the battery in my phone when my stock battery died today. It had 60% when I put it in. It's been a few hours and it only went down to 55%, just a taste of things to come!

Twister, do you know of any car mounts that work with this TPU case? I have an iOttie mount but it's not currently in my possession so I can't try it out. Does either the iOttie or the Arkon mount work?

Upvote 0
I put the battery in my phone when my stock battery died today. It had 60% when I put it in. It's been a few hours and it only went down to 55%, just a taste of things to come!

Twister, do you know of any car mounts that work with this TPU case? I have an iOttie mount but it's not currently in my possession so I can't try it out. Does either the iOttie or the Arkon mount work?

I couldn't wait to get mine and now I barely use it. Sure the battery life was great but charging it became a pain.

Reactions: thebat1
Upvote 0
Looking at the Zerolemon site the Rugged case to fit the 9300 mah battery is supoosed to be at their Amazon retailer today so hopefully it will be on sale in the next few days.

Supposed to be for sale this Monday (after multiple delays due to belt clip fitment and buit-in screen protector). In general, it will be almost like Defender mod in my original review, but this one is officially built with a removable backplate to fit regular battery, extended, and ZL9300. As soon as I have it in my hands, expect a detailed review.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones