• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Review of ZeroLemon 9300 mAh extended battery for Note 2 w/pics!!!

I received the Zerolemon rugged case for my Note 2. I must say that it is rugged. Its similar to the Otterbox case because it has the plastic skeleton. I'm satisfied with the quality of the case but I wont be using it often. The standard TPU case that comes with the ZeroLemon battery was pushing it for me.

20131106_144237_zps03adce51.jpg

20131106_144438_zpsa18373c8.jpg

20131106_144731_zpsdba568a2.jpg

Reactions: hallrob
Upvote 0
I couldn't wait to get mine and now I barely use it. Sure the battery life was great but charging it became a pain.

I don't understand what you mean here.

How is charging it a pain?

I think its the time it takes to charge, you are going to triple your charging time ( you are basically hooking up 3 stock batteries ).

-Robert
Exactly- it literally took all day and night to fully charge and since ZL didn't sell an external charger it had to be left in the phone or a universal charger had to be purchased.

I bought the universal and the ZL battery would only connect properly in it if I wrapped a rubber band around it. I was sent another charger in the event the first was defective- the 2nd did the same...needed a rubber band to hold ZL battery firmly in place.

Upvote 0
I've been using the ZL 9300 for about a week and have just ordered the external charger that is now available from ZL. I do not find the extra bulk that much of a problem - I'm an old fart and wear baggy pants and carry a shoulder bag most of the time. The extra battery life is awesome - no more swapping out spare batteries to make it to the end of the day. In fact I made it through two fairly busy days and still had 30% left. That's when I discovered how long it takes to charge!

My problem has to do with the TPU case. I agree with all with the overall comments that it's nice and "grippy" but I do find that it is a bit loose around the edges and, in particular, it is lifting the edges of my wet-applied Gadgetshieldz screen protector. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've written to ZL to request that the case design be modified to provide a wider lip on the front to overlap the screen protector a bit but I'm wondering if anyone else has found an alternate solution? The Gadgetshieldz is pretty well made and fits the physical screen to within a fraction of a millimeter. There is lots of room to extend the edge of the case without affecting the visible portion of the screen or any of the functions around the front edge (lense, speaker, home button, etc.)

Any suggestions or ideas welcome.

Thanks,

David Baril
Almonte ON

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones