Pandora Radio for Android

Pandora has been around on PC

Advertisement
  2. Raazazuul

Raazazuul Active Member

The widget doesn't work on my phone. Needs an update or something
  3. marvinrock

marvinrock Well-Known Member

Anyone else able to add thier opinion about this? Seems almost like a paid review. Would like to hear something that sounds more genuine - no offense to the OP
  4. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member

Pandora works fine on my Nexus One. I like the fact that it launches directly into the station I was last listening to -- one touch and let it go. It has a couple of limitations with respect to the desktop functionality: you can't add artists to a station, and the info includes only the artist and song info, not the album info.

There are a couple of things I find annoying about it, related to the service, not the Android app. First, Pandora has a more limited library than other similar services, so I hear repeats more frequently. Second, it sometimes seems to get stuck in a rut, playing songs selected by the same criteria several times in a row. For example, apparently the only Carpenters album is a Christmas collection, but I selected it anyway to add to my radio station. I got a Christmas carol by the Carpenters a few days ago; when I skipped to the next song, I got another Christmas carol by a different group, and the same thing happened when I skipped that one.

I'm alternating at the moment between Pandora and Slacker Radio. Slacker seems to have a better playlist for at least one station I like, but it's annoying on start-up and finish: you have to select the station when you start it up, instead of remembering what you were listening to most recently, and whenever you quit, you have to hit a "no thanks" button for upgrading to the paid version.
  5. thengodisseven

thengodisseven Active Member

He seemed to cover Pandora just fine. If you've never used Pandora at all, give it a try using the web app on your pc. It's brilliant.

And with multitasking on Android, the app won't stop playing like it does on the iphone when you go to a different app.
  6. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

I assume it's either 1.6+ or not available in the UK as I can't find it on the marketon my 1.5 G2/Hero here in UK.