• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Review: Ringke case by Rearth

chrlswltrs

Extreme Android User
Nov 12, 2009
Seattle
I have been using this case for a couple weeks now and I have to say I am pretty impressed. Normally I prefer hard cases and don't like soft touch or rubbery cases. This one impressed me though. Here are my thoughts on the case:

1. Fit: The Nexus S fits just right. The case is tight enough to stay on, but at the same time it is very easy to put on and remove (very important for power users like me that go through batteries quickly).

2. Design: One of the first things I noticed is there are no cutouts for buttons. Instead there are "raised buttons" on the case. I really liked this, and prefer the functionality to having a cutout. The holes for the camera, speaker, earphones, and USB are perfectly placed and sized. Other than the connection and camera cutouts the entire back and sides of the phone are encased.

3. Feel: The case feels good. It still will easily slide in and out of my pocket without sticking, which is why I normally prefer hard cases. For some reason I have dropped this phone more than any other phone I have ever owned, but this case offers enough grip that I haven't dropped it a single time while using it.

4. Performance: Some cases can affect the phones ability to dissipate heat, but I did not notice the phone getting any hotter at all with this case.

Overall I really like this case and recommend it. Again I normally prefer hard cases, but this one I really liked it. Here is the link to order it: Rearth Nexus S Ringke Case

Thanks a lot for this review, interesting protection.

I have bought two rudder cases on ebay, and one of them is really similar : perfect fit, really thin, more than it looks on the bay link, same kind of design for the volume and power buttons, perfect and cheap (it's a black one, I don't think you'll have such a choice for colors):
SILICONE HARD RUBBER CASE for SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S | eBay (

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones