Review:: Rubberized Snap On Hard Case Cover, BlackAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Amazon.com: Rubberized Snap On Hard Case Cover for Motorola DROID X, Black: Everything Else: Reviews, Prices & more

First impression of this case is that it felt very thin and cheap, even more so than I expected. The case is slightly pliable but stiff plastic. I really like the black matte surface of it; feels similar to the backing on the naked phone. My case had exact cutouts for the speakers on the back, unlike the case in the pictures which has one large hole instead of two small slits.

Case snaps on easily but is more difficult to take off. I can see how some users have reported breaking off a tab while trying to remove the case. When the case is applied, it fits together flush on one side but not as flush on the other side. You can see where the two pieces snap together and the white backing is slightly exposed. Other than this irregularity, the case fits very nicely to the device and adds almost no bulk. There are cutouts for the power button and headphone jack, volume up/down buttons, camera button, camera, and usb/hdmi ports. In this sense I like it more than my TPU case, which covers the power button, volume buttons, and camera button. There is a trade off in the thinness of the case and I don't think it would give much protection if the device was dropped. The bottom left corner where the hdmi output is is somewhat more exposed than I would like. The bottom lip of the case somewhat obstructs the hard menu keys and makes them a little harder to press, but the obstruction is minor.

The price was great - just over $3.00 including shipping.

My initial impression of this case was about 2 out of 5 stars overall. However, the more I leave it on and get used to it, the more it grows on me. I like the sleekness and smoothness of the case so much that it somewhat outweighs the lack of protection. I think if the phone was dropped, the case would break but might absorb the impact from the phone. For $3.00 it is worth it to protect the phone from a single fall and to replace the case if it breaks. The way the case doesn't fit together perfectly is annoying but not very noticeable.

Overall rating is a 3 out of 5, same that I would give the TPU case, which adds more bulk but also more protection.

Advertisement
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

I had the same case...If I can offer just a bit of advise, don't take it off to do battery pulls very often.

3. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, exactly what I thought.