• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Review: Seidio Innocase II & Clip Holster Combo

That lock probably saved my phone during the Christmas shopping crush in a local mall. The only times I've used it have been when I was in big crowds and this time it paid off because a little creep tried a bump-and-grab. The phone didn't come out of the holster, though, and the tug after the bump alerted me to what was really going on. I grabbed the jerk by the wrist and gave it a good squeeze and a couple of undercover detectives appeared out of the crowd and arrested the guy. Apparently they were already watching the guy.

I've been using my holster exclusively since I got it on Nov. 11 (when I started this thread) and I've never had the phone come out of it unless I was trying to take it out. I should add that I'm an industrial maintenance supervisor and a geocacher who leads an active and relatively physical lifestyle and I've tried to wipe the phone off my belt many times, but it's always held just fine. As I mentioned, I typically don't use the lock, but I will if I'm in big crowds and the phone isn't covered by a jacket or something.

Pete

Upvote 0
Is your lock really hard to pull up, the little diagram that came with the case said to use two fingers and pull up on the sides, but mine is a lot harder to pull up. I have to use two fingers and pinch together the top and bottom on each side. Even with it locked the phone will come out of the case if you pull on it, but I imagine it will prevent it from being accidentally knocked out.

It is a little tuff to pull, but that is a good thing.

@PGR, I have only had accidental drops a few times in 3 years of using Innocases. All related to work, catching it on a ladder, shelf, banging it with a drill, etc.

Upvote 0
Told the rep the same thing about the website stating and showing a pic with the lock. The directions stated that you can slide the spring clip so you can access the headphone jack. Maybe that's why they removed that option from this holder since before i read that you would habe to modify the case to use the 3mm jack before. Still deciding if going to return. Just so you know I couldn't knock the phone out of the case when i tried vigerously too do so. I knocked through phone off my pants from the belt clip only. Phone never came out of holder. Spring clip is there just not the lock. Still holds pretty good still.

Upvote 0
changes are that the lock is gone but it still holds pretty damb well. and the spring clip can slide out of the way to access the 3mm jack. Im pretty happy with it over all.
I'm curious as to how the spring clip sliding works any chance of a pic.? I had to take a dremmel to mine, which worked but it's still hard to get the phone out of the clip to change tracks because the head phone plug catches the clip.

Upvote 0
I got mine from Amazon yesterday and I love it so far. I had a Phantom Skinz full body cover on mine and the Innocase would fit over it but it caused gaps and the case didn't snap closed well. I did not want to sacrifice the entire Phantom Skinz since I plan on taking the Hero out of the Innocase once in a while for other cases. I had to peel off the side pieces and the front top and bottom pieces but was able to leave the back piece on with the Innocase fitting well now.

I figure that the back piece is good to leave on for those times when you slide your phone down on the back when it's out of a case.

Upvote 0
Just a heads up, I used the Live Chat on Seidio's site to confirm that there is no longer a Sping-Lock holster available for the Sprint HTC Hero...

Enable Alert Sound
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
Please wait for the next available representative

Upvote 0
I had the body glove case and really liked the grippy surface, but disliked the bulk. Over time the textured surface started to de-laminate from the underlying hard case . I got a simple silicon rubber case, which is pretty good, but I'm still looking for something thin, but with a more tactile grip. A friend with an I-phone has a silicone cover with a bunch of raised dots about the size of small m and m's. It's thin but grippy. Is anyone aware of something out there for the Hero that fits this description.? I'm afraid the innocase is too smooth, and I don't like the comments about the center seam not fitting together tightly. Help a brotha out.....

Upvote 0
Hi everyone:

Well it's been almost a year since I started this thread and wrote my report on the Seidio Innocase II and Clip Holster and I'm only a few days away from retiring the Hero and upgrading to an Evo, so I figured I should post a report and my final opinion before I moved on.

To begin with, I haven't removed my phone from the Innocase since I first installed it in November of 2009. Not even once until today when I did so just so I could do an accurate report on how well it has protected my phone. And protect the phone it did!

As you can see from the attached photos, the outside of the case is in pretty bad shape. I'm a hands-on industrial maintenance supervisor at work and I lead a very active "outdoors" kind of life away from work and I'm not particularly careful with my phone. To me it's a tool instead of bling so I'm a lot more interested in it's functionality than it's looks.

But when I took the case off and wiped the phone down with a damp cloth I was amazed at how good the phone looks. With the exception of a small nick in the chrome extrusion at the bottom where the USB port is, the phone looks as good as the day I took it out of the box. Of special interest is the fact that the dust under the touch screen is even gone. I carried this phone bareback in a front pocket for about 2 weeks while I waited for Seidio to get the cases back in stock and I did notice a little dust had begun to collect under the glass in the corners. But not only has the case prevented any new dust from entering the phone, but the old dust seems to have migrated elsewhere and is no longer detectable.

The holster has also worked flawlessly. The phone popped out one time, but that was only because my shirt tail ended up under the phone and I yanked on the shirt to free it. The spring clip holds the phone as well today as it did when it was new and the belt clip shows no sign of wear either.

I suppose I should add that I still have my original Boxwave Anti-Glare Screen Protector on the phone and it's as good as new too.

As I mentioned, I'll be replacing my Hero with an Evo as soon as I qualify for full upgrade discount pricing. That's not for another six days, but I already have a new Seidio Innocase Holster Case Combo and a new Boxwave Anti-Glare Screen Protector for an Evo sitting on my desk just waiting for that day. They're great products and they definitely still get my seal of approval.

seal.jpg

Pete

Attachments

• hero1.jpg
    hero1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 95
  • hero2.jpg
    hero2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 113
  • hero3.jpg
    hero3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones