• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Review: Sprint's Body Glove protective cover for the Evo 4G

Another question. do you think if I have a Zagg INVISIshield maximum coverage protector, would it fit the case?
My former iPhone had an Invisible Shield and using a similar case with it didn't work too well. Those cases are a very tight fit. Aside from tearing up the I.S. on the edges snapping on the 2pc case wasn't very secure.

Reactions: Caloy
Upvote 0
My former iPhone had an Invisible Shield and using a similar case with it didn't work too well. Those cases are a very tight fit. Aside from tearing up the I.S. on the edges snapping on the 2pc case wasn't very secure.

Same here with a shield on my Pre. These kind of cases won't fit if your device has a shield. I really wanted to get this :(.

Upvote 0

Thanks for the Info mate. I guess I'll just use a cheap face protector I scored over ebay then the full bodied invisiSHIELD. Cheers!

Upvote 0
He did a good review. I'm not sure if I like that rugged back, though. The phone looks so great 'naked' - I'm not sure I wanna cover it up heh! I'm curious if anyone knows how much Sprint is charging for this body glove cover?

Hold out your arm, putting it on the chopping block, and grit your teeth. They'll hand it to you shortly afterward.

Upvote 0
I've had friends tell me that Body Gloves are awful. The plastic snaps will break extremely easy if dropped/case removed.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

EDIT: As I carry multiple SD cards, I take the cover off every so often - so someone suggesting "Snap it on, and leave it" will not work for me.

This is why I am a big fan of the silicone cases. As mentioned repeatedly, I dropped my iPhone and BB Tour on a weekly basis and have no issue. I tried one of those snap case on my iPhone and it fell apart upon impact.

Upvote 0
I'm always curious as to why these sorts of cases only have felt on the center of the back of the case while leaving plain plastic on the front piece and the sides of the back piece. I think I'm paranoid that the uncovered areas will scratch the phone. I mean, may as well go naked if it does.

This is an excellent point. I had the Seidio Innocase II on my iPhone 3GS from day one. It had the felt lining the back only. When I went to sell the phone a few days ago, I removed the case to verify the phone was still in mint condition like it should be, but was shocked to find some scratching around the chrome bezel where there was no felt. Of course the back was still brand new. I think I will go nekkid on the Evo. Or maybe silicone.

Upvote 0
Save your money and wait for a decent two stage case from Otterbox or Case Mate. By two stage I mean silicone or a soft rubber like material that form fits your device followed by a hard ABS plastic cover. Check out the Case Mate Hybrid Tough case for the Nexus One or the Otterbox Commuter Series ($35) case for the iPhone 3GS and you will see what I mean. The Otterbox Commuter ($35) case is HANDS DOWN the BEST CASE that I have ever purchased for my iPhone and I cannot wait for Otterbox to release one for the EVO! These are REAL cases offering REAL protection. The Body Glove case is available now, yes, but it is JUNK, a waste of money, and it offers MINIMAL protection at best. Wait for Otterbox or Case Mate to offer a real alternative. Surely some great cases are on the way for this great device.

Upvote 0
This is an excellent point. I had the Seidio Innocase II on my iPhone 3GS from day one. It had the felt lining the back only. When I went to sell the phone a few days ago, I removed the case to verify the phone was still in mint condition like it should be, but was shocked to find some scratching around the chrome bezel where there was no felt. Of course the back was still brand new. I think I will go nekkid on the Evo.

Yeah, it happened to me once with these sorts of snap cases and I haven't used them since. Personally, I would want to use a case to keep scratches off the phone while dropping the phone is not really a concern for me. I'm still trying to decide what to use. I'm leaning towards a leather slip case, but it adds so much bulk while carrying it around (Belt clips are too dorky looking for my taste--although I'm thinking about it for practicality reasons).

Upvote 0
Save your money and wait for a decent two stage case from Otterbox or Case Mate. By two stage I mean silicone or a soft rubber like material that form fits your device followed by a hard ABS plastic cover. Check out the Case Mate Hybrid Tough case for the Nexus One or the Otterbox Commuter Series ($35) case for the iPhone 3GS and you will see what I mean. The Otterbox Commuter ($35) case is HANDS DOWN the BEST CASE that I have ever purchased for my iPhone and I cannot wait for Otterbox to release one for the EVO! These are REAL cases offering REAL protection. The Body Glove case is available now, yes, but it is JUNK, a waste of money, and it offers MINIMAL protection at best. Wait for Otterbox or Case Mate to offer a real alternative. Surely some great cases are on the way for this great device.

You're right, they are beautiful cases:

HTC HD2 Commuter Series Case (U.S.) // OtterBox.com

but I wonder how long it will take for one to come to the Evo

Upvote 0
Wish Magpul would make a case for this like they did for the iPhone.
iphone.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones