• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Review] WireFly order process

Hunterbeav

Android Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2010
Notheast Ohio
Well I just ordered a new HTC evo 4g from WireFly for a grand total of $119. I will keep you updated on how this order was handled and how satisfied I am with the whole process..The order was taken over the phone and so far so good...It was explained very well to me how much the charges are..... $18 activation fee that sprint will charge along with the $10 monthly fee that sprint will add for 4g.

I posted this on the other thread about EVO deals:

I ordered an Epic from Wirefly for my wife for Christmas yesterday. I have an EVO and was leaning that way for her as well, but on Cyber Monday I guess they dropped the price on the Epic to $149 w/contract extension. She wanted the keyboard and I thought it would be cool to have an Epic to play with/compare to my EVO (which I love) and the price was right.

On a side note, her upgrade eligibility from Sprint starts tomorrow so I told the sales person to hold the order until then (they stated that they would do that on the online eligibility check), but apparently they submitted the order to Sprint right away and it was declined, so I saw order canceled when I checked it this morning. I called them up right away and the helpful customer service rep resubmitted it with a hold on the order until tomorrow and also made sure I was locked in at the $149.99 price. Needless to say I am very happy with the customer service so far, hopefully I will feel the same way once the transaction is completed.
My order was canceled due to my explanation above. As I said they fixed it and said they would give me the price I locked in on Monday. I hope that is the case and I will not have to call them again and from my conversation with the rep it sounded like that would not be a problem. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Duckester619, after talking to wirefly it seems the same thing happened to me as did with you. The person taking my order told me I was eligible for the upgrade but then found out I was not really eligible till midnight tonight. So they canceled my order, I was told to call tomorrow (as they close at 10PM est) and have the order resubmitted. I will do so and let you all know how I made out. I just don't understand how they can check your status eligibility before ordering and its OK then 15 Min's latter sprint says your not eligible.

Upvote 0
Duckester619, after talking to wirefly it seems the same thing happened to me as did with you. The person taking my order to me I was eligible for the upgrade but then found out I was not really eligible till midnight tonight. So they canceled my order, I was told to call tomorrow (as they close at 10PM est) and have the order resubmitted. I will do so and let you all know how I made out. I just don't understand how they can check your status eligibility before ordering and its OK then 15 Min's latter sprint says your not eligible.

I knew I was not eligible until Dec 1st, and their online checker confirmed that but said I could order anyway and have the order submission delayed until I was eligible. It seems that they just submitted it too soon. Like I said, it looks like I should be good to go on the upgrade tomorrow as long as they wait until then to submit the request to Sprint. I am just glad that they are going to give me the price I was originally quoted.

I will keep you posted on how it turns out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones