Reviews, discussions on the Moto 360Support

1. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

I don't wear watches, and I don't typically have a personal interest in Android wearables - but this watch looks like something I'd use. Especially this one:

[​IMG]

I mean, honestly I have no real interest in having notifications go to my wrist, but that watch looks sweet and it could be cool!

Advertisement
    DonB likes this.
  2. Phases

Our buddy Rob has asked in the LG G Watch forum what the specs are for that - but I wonder - do specs even matter with stuff like this?

HD display on my one inch diameter watch. Little bit of RAM to hold notifications?

Umm..well, battery life!

So yes with that said, I wonder what battery life with this might be like? I wouldn't mind a watch, but if I had to charge it every night or every few nights, I might want it less..
  3. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Is it me or does the Moto 360 look more like a watch than any other smartwatch previously released? I'm not saying that's a good thing or bad thing, but it's certainly refreshing.

I'm guessing the Moto 360 gets its name from the 360 degrees of a clock and circular design... do you like it?

Lots of Moto 360 pictures here:
    Moto 360 Android watch officially announced

I just looked at those for 5 minutes... holy WOW it looks sexy IMO.
  4. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Oh my GOD that looks heavenly. It actually looks like a real watch!

I'm going to guess that the watch face is something you can select, similar to choosing a wallpaper, custom lock screens, or widgets.

I'd buy one of these for sure... probably pay up to $300, depending on features and functionality.
  5. Phases

6. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

That is one sexy looking watch. I was never into this smartwatch craze but moto made a believer out of me.
  7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I've been on the hunt for a trusted BT device for my Moto X. May have just found it!! It's definitely not dainty but hopefully there will be band choices to un-manly it up. It's by far and away the nicest looking wearable out there, I may have invest in one as long as it's not super expensive (whatever that is).
  8. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

Wow that is a good looking watch. I'll be there for the hangout. Wanna learn all I can about it.
  9. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

Specs don't matter as long as the UX and UI are fluent and very good.
    Most consumers aren't geeks, and most people don't know what's under the hood of their phone. We just want something looking good and working well.
    Well that's what I want.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

It does look amazing. I'll be keeping an eye on this
  11. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I think you nailed it phaser- battery life would be my main concern.

Another difference maker may be sensors. Who knows what they'll toss in.
    jroc likes this.
  12. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Finally, a smart watch that doesn't look like I'm wearing a miniature phone on my wrist. I'll have to see the profile when it is released, but I'm interested.
  13. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Looks a bit thick, but otherwise very nice indeed.
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

That's my concern.
  15. Mittar

Mittar Well-Known Member

I think if it gets a long day or two days(20-40 hours), I would definitely still want it. I don't think I'd want to wear it to bed anyway as I'm not used to wearing a watch. So if I'm going to take it off, I may as well charge it.
  16. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

I get about 2.5 - 3 days out of my Sony SW2.

Specs wise, I don't really care. It's a watch, it's handy to make calls when I'm on my bike/in the gym etc so as long as it does that, I'm not fussed about RAM/screen resolution or whatever. :)
    jroc likes this.
  17. Cogra147

Cogra147 Well-Known Member Contributor

Well, Since its android based, someone is going to exploit it... And when they do... There will be all sorts of stuff to do with it. :cool:
  18. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

With the pics currently available, the Moto 360 looks the best of all the smartwatch offerings. That said, I won't really judge until I see all the Android wear offerings. But, if I were to choose right now, I like this offering the best.

While, I don't mind the Galaxy Gear I bought for 1/2 price at Best Buy (deal of the day), I am still keeping many options open and the form factor on the Moto 360 is the best aesthetically looking of all of them.
  19. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

It's weird. I thought the same about the Galaxy Gear, prior to purchasing one, but now that I've been using it every day, it's not as bad as I thought. Can't see this one being any thicker. And on some of the videos, it actually looks way less obtrusive than the LG watch.
  20. Damian Adelle

Damian Adelle Member

It does looks like a classic watch, but as all other smartwatches, I would be more interested in possible media they could play (image, music, video?), it's a shame that all these devices require Wi-Fi connection almost all the time nowadays just like tablets and smartphones do.
    You know what would be a cool watch?, maybe a special edition of some kind, that looked exactly like the 007 watch from Goldeneye. If these smartwatches can display GPS directions now, perhaps in a couple of decades, they could display your overall health too?

[​IMG]
  21. Phases

You got me there ;)
  22. Phases

Well seeings how the display is really just a wallpaper (according to rob's take on it) I'm sure all sorts of options will become available.
  23. NibX

NibX Member

I'm definitely interested. Just waiting for more details and price.
  24. grdh20

grdh20 Well-Known Member

It's a nice watch, regardless of the smart part. Apple is going to have a hard time making something that looks this nice.
  25. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

Wow, that's the nicest looking smartwatch out there. Colour me interested.
    Rxpert83 likes this.