Reviews ThreadGeneral

Last Updated:

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

geekaren, Atma, apjans and 2 others like this.
  2. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I'm sticking this thread up only for a few weeks, until the reviews start coming in from the US side, since the International ones are already coming in.

breadnatty08 likes this.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Any reviews found, please post em here and I'll update the OP. :)
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Pocket-Lint Review

The Note is a device that shouldn't work. A device that the Koreans dreamt up after too little sleep, and too many energy drinks. But somehow, it's the most captivating phone we've used for a long time. It manages to invalidate the tablet to some extent, because it's big enough to be a powerful media device, but small enough to carry everywhere.

International Business Times UK

That isn't the outcome we were expecting. We thought it was ridiculous and we'd hate it, but give it a couple of days and you stop reaching for the iPad when you need a bigger screen because it's already there in your pocket. As for getting used to such a large phone...our iPhone 4S felt like a toy and far too small after just a few days with the Note 2. It's amazing how quickly you get used to it, and nothing smaller will do.
  5. twospirits

Atma, breadnatty08 and wyndslash like this.
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

LapTop Magazine

Ultimately, the Note II involves some compromise because of its size--it's simply not a one-handed device--but its power and versatility are unmatched in the smartphone world.

breadnatty08 likes this.
  7. twospirits

While it may not be a media outlet or blog this guy did a pretty good review of the Note 2 and he shows us something that I've never noticed before "the rocking while typing issue". (at time index 3:28)

Check it out.

8. twospirits

9. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

This is something I had noticed and it was mildly irritating. However, I have since bought a case for my phone which has eliminated the issue :)
    twospirits likes this.
  10. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

it is very very seldom that i type with the phone flat on the desk... but that is odd...
  11. SGN2

SGN2 New Member

I just tested it on my SGN2 and yes mine is rocking too :p Although I don't find it annoying at all as I rarely type with the phone flat on the table like that.
  12. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

Ridiculous concern in my opinion as I don't think I have ever typed on a smartphone that was laying on a table. Always typed when holding it.
  13. twospirits

Well I wouldn't say totally ridiculous. case in point, I have my Note 1 flat on my desk while typing stuff away on my laptop and if a text comes in on my phone, I am not going to pick it up to type a reply, I just start typing away on the device while it is flat on the desk. Lucky for me I have my note 1 (as well as the upcoming Note 2) with a folio back cover that prevents any rocking.

14. twospirits

15. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

re-read PocketNow's review of the Note 2 and it seems that the US variant may possibly not have the display saturation customization feature the Int'l version has. I never noticed that in other reviews before.
  16. The Galaxy Note 2 is Samsung's next Note series smartphone. It features a 5.5" HD Super AMOLED screen, Exynos 4 1.6GHz processor, 2GB RAM, microSD, new S-Pen and upgraded screen pressure sensitivity, new camera and buttery-smooth performance with Android 4.1 Jellybean.

Although it has a 5.5" screen, the screen takes up most of the screen and thus the bezel size has been reduced. This means, it is about the same size as the original Note, while having greater screen size.

Reviewed by The Verge

Samsung Galaxy Note II review | The Verge

The Galaxy Note 2 scored highest on processor power, camera and battery life.
  17. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

$300 is pretty steep for Sprint but this will be my next phone in a couple weeks:)
  18. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

twospirits likes this.
  19. drexappeal

20. drexappeal

21. drexappeal

22. drexappeal

23. casarosa