Revolution- New NBC show

Last Updated: 2014-06-02 23:54:39
  1. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

This show looks really interesting to me. I love JJ Abrams and Jon Favreau directed the pilot. Win/win for me. :D

I hope this show takes off and doesn't leave people hanging ala Alcatraz or even Lost.

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/

Advertisement
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  2. bplusshoe

bplusshoe Active Member

Looks interesting. I'll have to check it out if I dont forget to watch it hehe.
  3. PH8AL

PH8AL Well-Known Member

:ditto: thanks

Its funny I was just ranting in the Falling Skies thread about shows ending their season with cliffhangers never to return. Nothing like only getting 3/4 of a story.
  4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

it has a good start.. hope it can keep the momentum going and building the characters
  5. xmr405o

Yeah it's a good show. Nothing like LOST though a lot of the characters are popping in for cameos. :)
  6. buzzcon

buzzcon Well-Known Member Contributor

I think this show has potential to be pretty good. I have a problem with them showing the little power thingy in the first episode. They will have to milk this for a while to keep the power out and the show interesting.

Very good set design. It actually looks like it's been 15 years since they lost electricity. I think that this show is made/produced by the same folks (Bad Robot) that did Lost. A few cast members form Lost have appeared as well.

I forgot to watch this weeks episode because of Monday Night Football. Thank God for On Demand.
  7. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Charlie is starting to piss me off...

not letting her uncle kill the bounty hunter.. and that same bounty hunter capturing them. I would have made Charlie, agree from then on.. I am in charge and what ever i say goes. you came to me for help and we do this my way.. and if i say someone needs to die.. you dont need to say a thing!
  8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

i love Lost. one of the best shows IMO. i hope that jj can keep this show as entertaining and interesting as Lost. so far most of the sci-fi type shows have just not equaled it so far. i have the DVR set for this show. we shall see.
  9. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

She's the reason I gave up partway into episode 2. Princess Bossy Brat would be a serious liability in a world like hers.
    Gmash likes this.
  10. xmr405o

Maybe Charlie's character will eventually evolve into a good heroine. But yes she's pretty annoying right now lol.
  11. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I watched the first three episodes on demand. Its ok, seems like it's already a pattern of ridiculous sword fight- yadda yadda- sword fight- yadda yadda-the other characters save the one who's in trouble at the last minute, rinse, repeat. At least Charlie is way hot lol. Had to laugh in episode three that the lady's iPhone battery apparently was still charged after 15 years lol.

I guess hot chicks get away with being bossy and annoying even after a major catastrophe lol.
  12. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

charlie is not hot.. she is ok. not so go good in close-ups.
  13. xmr405o

If the writer's are good, they probably would evolve Charlie's character as the series progresses. From a "rah rah let's go get em" and naive character to a tough and intelligent heroine.

Only time will tell how they will carry out the plot lines for each character.
  14. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. Those eyes, those lips...yummy :love:
  15. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

16. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Very nice.:) But still can't compare to:

Jessica Alba Dark Angel Sexy - YouTube:D

But about the show, it seems like they're rushing the character development. They are making it action oriented so people won't get bored. I wish it was on cable so they wouldn't be under so much ratings pressure and they could take their time with it.
  17. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

ok.. jessica alba.. point match game! you win!
    :D

revolution has not captured my full attention yet.
  18. xmr405o

Charlie cries too much! Every scene she is crying or about to cry. haha.
  19. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Just watched episode 4. Finally a whole show without a million sword fights!

*spoiler alert*

I can't believe they killed off Maggie already. I thought she brought something to the show that none of the other characters did. Seems like everybody wants to be The Walking Dead these days. Killing off characters is trendy now lol.
  20. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

It was not still charged, she said she carried it in hopes that one day it would work again as that was the only place she had pictures of her family.

[edit]Just saw this on the recap in episode 4. The exact quote is, "The only reason I keep this, is somewhere inside is the only pictures of my kids."
  21. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it came right on when it was close to the thingy, so I figured it must have had a charge. Maybe the pendant charges any battery its close to too?
  22. MacFett

The woman with the old PC and modem has a pendant too and she has to use it to get her computer to work. Whatever is causing the power to not work is negated by the pendants.
  23. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

True, I guess I was just thinking AC vs a battery that hadn't been charged in 15 years. I'm going to stop thinking about it now so I can still enjoy the show lol. The more you think about it, the dumber it sounds haha.
  24. MacFett

The whole premise of the show is a bit more than something one can think about and make sense. The power isn't just out, electricity doesn't work any more.

What I am wondering is, why we aren't seeing steam engines. The tracks are laid already and I know there are running steam trains still.
  25. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

You forget, this show is from the creator of Lost. Characters dropped like crazy on that show.