Revolutionary.io gone???

1. freeop

freeop Well-Known Member

Just got started trying to root my EVO 4G and got to the part where I am supposed to get the Beta Key from revolutionary.io, but the page is not coming up. Did they block or take it down? I ran the revolutionary.exe and am at the point where I need to enter the beta key, but can't get any farther.

Anyone have any idea about revolutionary.io?

I guess the site is being overwhelmed by requests, will just have to wait, I guess.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

yeah i cant bring it up either. site must be down. i think you guys blew their server up or something.
    freeop likes this.
  3. freeop

freeop Well-Known Member

Thanks for the conformation, ocnbrze. In the middle of your guide and stuck at that point now. Will just have to wait, :)
  4. freeop

freeop Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere else you can obtain a beta key? This has been going on for over an hour now. Like you said, maybe their server is down. I guess just have to wait in see...
  5. ocnbrze

nope that is the only place you can go to get it.
  6. ocnbrze

it is back up now!!!!!!!!
  7. sha4000

sha4000 Well-Known Member

Downloaded all files and opened up revolutionary but the dos window just keeps saying waiting for device. I cant input my beta key!!! Ive been reading the WHOLE thread all morning and seen other posters had the same problem but cant figure out what to do next. Turned off Microsoft security essentials,rest phone,charge only,debugging turned on......
    2.6.35.10-gc0a661b
    htc-kernal@and18-2 #1
    Tue Jun 14 23:58:32 CST 2011
    4.24.651.1 CL61076 release-keys
    Web/Kit533.1
    2.15_003
  8. ocnbrze

not sure it seems that sometimes revolutionary has trouble communicating with the phone. try and do a factory reset on your phone. also i would copy your card to the computer and reformat it through your phone and try again.
  9. sha4000

ok do i need to install hboot drivers? This is my first android device and my first time rooting. Im pretty tech savy but new to this so bear with me. I wont ask any unnecessary questions. thx... I also tried to hold the power and volume down button to get into hboot but it just turns the phone back on.
  10. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Make sure all antivirus are off. It interrupts the whole process.
  11. ocnbrze

the only drivers you will need is the fastboot drivers that is provided on the guide. if you have any drivers like that uninstall them. same goes for htc sync.

as far as the hboot goes you need to turn off fast boot (phone settings/applications/uncheck fastboot). now you should be able to get to hboot. and no question is stupid. feel free to ask it here in this forum.
    sha4000 likes this.
  12. TCM

TCM Well-Known Member

Take out battery, then reinsert it and then try what you have been doing.
    sha4000 likes this.
  13. sha4000

thx fellas I just bought this phone off of craigslist and its in really good condition Ive look and dont see htc sync anywhere on the phone plus I already factory reset it I just though i might need the hboot usb drivers
  14. sha4000

I finally got it rooted :eek: I dont know what the exact problem was but im not complaining thx to everyone that contributed to this update
  15. batchris

batchris New Member

So it is September 12 @ midnight CST. The site isn't working. Is there another link anyone is familiar with?
  16. ocnbrze

i just checked it and it is up for me i even downloaded revolutionary. not sure on what is happening on your end.