Rez battery died, cant get it to take a chargeSupport

1. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Well-Known Member

So my battery died completely last night and now it wont power on. This is what I have tried....

USB from PC
    Wall Charger
    Car Charger

All of those will make the orange light come on for a few seconds but only after I do a battery pull and then plug it in to the Rezound. Ive left each one charge the phone for at least an hour after the orange light comes on and I still cant get it to power up.

This has happened once before but after I plugged it in to the wall charger, it took about 10 minutes to charge up before it would power on.

I have had it in all these different chargers for at least 7 hours now.....and nothing.

I dont think its the phone since the orange indicator comes on when I plug it in. Is there anything I can do to get this stupid phone turned on?

I read something about an "ADB ping"? I have no idea what that is but one forum said it might could help.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

If you have a meter you might check the battery. Across multiple chargers and not taking a charge, it might well be dead. My daughter's suffered a similar death. I told her they don't just quit... they start holding less charge. But, it just went dead and a replacement was the fix. As usual, dad don't know sickem.
    Good luck with a fix or a replacement.
  3. Did you root the phone and do you have ClockworkMod Recovery running? Cause I think there's a conflict between the Rezound and ClockworkMod which stops the battery from charging when it losses all its charge. You need to flash Amon Ra Recovery. Good luck.
  4. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

+1

This happened to me while using Clockwork. I wound up buying the extended battery (which I had been considering anyway) just to power on the phone and get rid of Clockwork. I now use amon-ra as a temporary recovery method instead of a permanent recovery with CW.
  5. Brent372

Brent372 Well-Known Member

Wow. I had no idead about that issue between CW and the charging.
    Luckily I had an aftermarket dock that that as spare battery charger and thus always have a spare battery that is fully charged at my disposal.