• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rezound hdmi out performance

When I play games such as Shadowgun, Reckless Getaway, N64oid, Gensoid and Snesoid with a bluetooth gamepad (phonejoy), they work flawlessly smooth and fast. When I hook up the hdmi out cable to my tv (playing games with a bluetooth gamepad from my phone on my tv was my entire goal from the outset) the performance of all these drops severly.

I get the rezound is pushing two displays but it makes even Snesoid and Gensoid run unplayable bad. Shadowgun and reckless getaway or 'playable' but still jerky and you can tell the controls have a loose, delayed feel when using hdmi out.

It pains me to think that if they just would've let us turn the phone screen off while using hdmi out it would only be pushing one display and run much better...

So my question is multi-part:
Can I force the phone to only display the hdmi and not use up resources displaying on the phone as well?
Can I force it to output maybe 720p instead of 1080p to gain performance?
I am not rooted, but last resort if I rooted and overclocked or something could I achieve playable hdmi out results?

Playing on my phone with the gamepad is great but the whole point was to use hdmi out and it doesn't seem like this phone is doing it very well. Surprising considering it's power.

Any help? Thanks

Came across your thread trying to do the same thing. Ive been experimenting with it. so lets see... Because the performance is degraded that tells me that its not a hardware clone but a mirrored output. If you were to make a splitter for VGA that wouldnt degrade performance for example) So that tells that it is possible for independent control. But you would have to research the android display commands and settings for the init script. Try looking at the build props... in fact i might do that now. (might have answered our own question)

Upvote 0
MUST TURN ON AIRPLANE MODE when using MHL to HDTV.

I use the MHL to play movies onto my HDTV.

I have a cheap MHL cable from amazon.com that had good reviews.
It will fail within 15 minutes of use - phone gets very hot.
Must disconnect and reconnect MHL cable from phone and then it works some more.

However, placing phone in Airplane Mode solves the problem completely.
Can watch for hours with no problems.

Amazon.com: Cable Matters 6 Feet Micro USB to HDMI MHL Cable in Black for Samsung, HTC Smartphones and Tablets: Electronics

Upvote 0
So i finnaly got off my butt and got a cable. I can't beleive that I waited almost 18 months to figgure this out. Seriously i spent many hours watching movies on the display when there was a perfectly good HDMI capable TV in the room.

I still really like this phone. HDMI out and unlimited data make it a keeper still.

FWIW
DLM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones