• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*Rezound ICS OTA is live Thread*

I retract my previous statement about having a working hotspot after recieving ICS. Just got to really try it out tonight. My 4G keeps dropping every 20 seconds or so just like it was before ICS. Doesn't even drop to 3G, just drops altogether. This sucks. The only thing I was really looking forward to with the ICS OTA.:banghead:

Bitch about how horrendous Verizon's customer service is, how they want to screw everyone over and rake in record profits in spite of the breakneck speed at which their 4G network is expanding, and how they will try every trick in the book to make you want to change plans, thus eliminating unlimited data. But please, don't bitch about wanting Jellybean... It.just makes Android users look stupid.

If you really want Jellybean, or whatever comes after it, get rooted and install a custom ROM. Otherwise, leave the bitching at home

Easy there, Mr. Serious. I was being sarcastic, as was (i believe) the post I responded to. I thought my smiley face conveyed that. No?

yRVPd.png

9595317.jpg

Upvote 0
My battery is sucking after the update as well.

Yeah mine seems to be absolute rubbish as well. I've got the extended battery and it's just chewing through it. I did a factory reset to see if that will help the situation. I'm giving it a full charge right now and we'll see how long it lasts.

Mine hasn't been horrendous but it HAS been slightly worse. I have been playing a bit more with it but it still doesn't seem quite right. Factory reset is a MUST IMO. I keep putting it off, I simply don't wanna take the time.

I got the extended and it is saying I get around 13hours 50minutes per charge, compared to 14hours 30minutes before ota (according to battery left widget)

Upvote 0
This is perfect....I activate my replacement Rezound and first thing it does is go through the process of updating to ICS. I haven't even started to set it up the way I want it yet. Once it updates I'll do a quick factory reset and then start customizing it the way I want. I was hoping it would do this so I wouldn't have to go through the process of setting it up twice.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
This is perfect....I activate my replacement Rezound and first thing it does is go through the process of updating to ICS. I haven't even started to set it up the way I want it yet. Once it updates I'll do a quick factory reset and then start customizing it the way I want. I was hoping it would do this so I wouldn't have to go through the process of setting it up twice.

Awesome!

So anyone out there NOT have the OTA yet? I plan on keeping this thread open/stickied till I'm reasonable sure we have the initial 'I got it - I haven't got it' responses out of the way.

:)

Upvote 0
Awesome!

So anyone out there NOT have the OTA yet? I plan on keeping this thread open/stickied till I'm reasonable sure we have the initial 'I got it - I haven't got it' responses out of the way.

:)

Still don't have it. I'm beginning to think I'm the only one. I've been in multiple areas around northeast Ohio and western pa and have checked for update and nothing happens. just back to previous screen.

Upvote 0
Still don't have it. I'm beginning to think I'm the only one. I've been in multiple areas around northeast Ohio and western pa and have checked for update and nothing happens. just back to previous screen.

I'm running the .10 leak and still have not received it. Then again, I still owe them last month's bill... not to mention the amount of grief I've given Verizon on their G+ and Twitter posts. I'll probably start downloading the PH98IMG.zip file and THEN it will start.

Upvote 0
I also live outside of their service area, but I work in Ithaca where there is a halfway decent 4G connection. I haven't received anything all week. Not that I'm worried, as I'm still not sure what I am missing running the .10 leak.

But I am getting an unusual number of "Unfortunately, Settings has closed." errors. Perhaps this was resolved in .12? Anybody running the OTA have this?

Upvote 0

Do you get any kind of screen saying no update available? Or does it just go back to that first screen with no output to you whatsoever?

If it is the later, then you have a bad phone and need a replacement. My first one I had that problem with and got it exchanged 2 days after I got it.

Upvote 0
hmm, mines having the same issue. ive had the phone about a year, and any time i click on status, its completely blank, except for the source field saying verizon wireless, and the code field says 0. and when i go to check new, the checking new software box comes up for a few seconds, then just disapears without saying anything. would doing a factory reset fix this issue so i could get the ota ics pushed to my device? or is a device replacement thru customer care the only option? really dont want a refurb.

Upvote 0
hmm, mines having the same issue. ive had the phone about a year, and any time i click on status, its completely blank, except for the source field saying verizon wireless, and the code field says 0. and when i go to check new, the checking new software box comes up for a few seconds, then just disapears without saying anything. would doing a factory reset fix this issue so i could get the ota ics pushed to my device? or is a device replacement thru customer care the only option? really dont want a refurb.

As long as you have the necessary stuff backed up I say go ahead and factory reset it, then immediately start checking for update. Once you get it and you boot up into ICS then factory reset again one last time... (thats what I would do anyway)

Upvote 0
Do you get any kind of screen saying no update available? Or does it just go back to that first screen with no output to you whatsoever?

If it is the later, then you have a bad phone and need a replacement. My first one I had that problem with and got it exchanged 2 days after I got it.

As long as you have the necessary stuff backed up I say go ahead and factory reset it, then immediately start checking for update. Once you get it and you boot up into ICS then factory reset again one last time... (thats what I would do anyway)
ill do that, thanks.

Upvote 0
one silly question...the playlists ive created thru the stock music player, do you know if ill lose those when doing a factory reset? not the actual songs themselves, i know those will still be on the sd card, but the actual playlist configurations.

Upvote 0

I am having the same problem. Just did a factory reset with no luck. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Verizon this afternoon...

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. Just did a factory reset with no luck. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Verizon this afternoon...
i figured it out, my sim card was bad. i swapped it out for a new one, reactivated it, and now software build is working, and my phone is downloading software updates as we speak. sweet.....might wanna try this first before going the refurb route.

Upvote 0
Because my first Rezound was junk and I had a lot of apps and misc downloads/pics/etc, I waited for the update before really going back and spending a couple hours getting the replacement phone back to the way i had the previous. So that being said it's hard for me to say the battery life has been worse because I've been screwing around with it so much, but truthfully, I can watch the battery life tick away like a second hand (figuratively/relatively) on a clock while doing anything on this phone now with ICS.

Because I waited, it made it easy to do a factory reset (*yes with SD Card IN and no, it won't format the card unless you tell it to) and I can't say it really made a difference, though my main hope was to have it delete any leftover or old, useless files still floating around from Gingerbread. The only problem I've had since the update is with Google Navigation, which I had not even done a run with on Gingerbread as far as actually driving and trying to use it. On ICS Google Nav restarted my phone several times, basically "bricked" it for about 5 minutes before it cooled enough (*black screen, no start even with battery pull) and froze the phone to one useless home screen once. I actually threw my phone across the car after that.

Also I bought both Apex and Nova launcher to give them a test run. I got rid of Nova over Apex, but then Apex started telling me that I need to root my phone to use some features. When I bought them I did not realized I needed a rooted phone to make them work. Very dissapointed, but Sense is actually a good program, In My Honest Opinion. They did ICS really well, too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones