Rezound now $199 Verizon Wireless OnlineGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Pseudoty1

Pseudoty1 Well-Known Member

I just picked mine up on Friday at a Vzw corporate store. I will have to call *611 and see if they will match the price drop.

TBONZ, BigRoach, snapcase and 3 others like this.
  2. daffy113

daffy113 Well-Known Member

I'm calling right now to see. I just got this ordered on the 15th for $249.

Eureka they were very nice they credited me $50 difference from what I paid on the 15th :)

So with the $50 new every two credit and the $50 price match I got this bad boy for $150.
  3. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member just saved me $100! Called up Verizon CSR and $100 worth of credit will be applied to my current and future bill. Thought it was a good excuse to get the insurance which I never get but thought perhaps I was living on borrowed time.
  4. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

If you're within the return period will you get the discount? Need to double check my receipt.
  5. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

I returned the Gnex for a Rezound exactly two weeks ago. At first they said 'no'....that the clock started with the purchase of the Gnex. But I reminded them when I returned the Gnex that I was charged a restocking fee and my purchase of the phone was in effect cancelled. That was followed by more discussion between CSR and powers-that-be and then they agreed to do the $100 refund.
  6. budmonster

budmonster Guest

I upgraded to the GNEX and was told I had to the 15th to return it. I did return for a $35 restocking fee, then go the Rezound. Can I still get $100 credited? What should I say to the CSR, I have a feeling that aren't going to give in easily?
  7. techman01

techman01 Well-Known Member

I wonder what amazon will drop their pricing too. So far they haven't changed it to reflect the new corp pricing. Also, I'm surprised verizon is not advertising the phone at that price. Almost like they don't want to sell it....unlockable bootloader and it gets shunned!
  8. daffy113

daffy113 Well-Known Member

Verizon seems to be very tied to Motorola. This phone launch got no press. Its not ever a masthead on Verizon's site either. Its a great phone though. I love it. I have zero regrets about getting it.
  9. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

I did the same. They key is if you have had the Rezound within the last 14 days. If so just use the approach I described and you should get the refund. If not hang up and try again.
  10. picord

picord Well-Known Member

on the phone with customer service right now as i type this to see if they can do anything for me on the pricing since I just bought my Rezound only a week ago this past Friday.
    Yay!! they just credited my account the difference..
  11. not2gutta

not2gutta Well-Known Member

I bought the rezound from a third party store less than 14 days think I can call corporate and they'll give my a hundred bucks credit? Or will they deny being I didnt purchase the phone through a corporate store?
  12. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

I'm not in the same boat of any of you since I bought my Rezound off an eBay seller, but I have some advice.

If VZW doesn't want to credit you the difference, go into a corporate store and start a massive stink and scene. They won't want you to scare other customers away so they will give you what you want.
  13. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Worked for me, first try. All he did was call the store to confirm the price drop and credited me the money on my next bill. He didn't give me any problems, all I said was I ordered the phone for $299 and I saw a $100 price drop online. $100 is really nothing to them.
  14. not2gutta

Just tried and she said no to me since I went through a third party store...if I call again and try, can they tell I JUST called??(my situation logged into a computer?)
  15. techman01

techman01 Well-Known Member

If you bought from a 3rd party store you have to get credit from the 3rd party...Verizon is not responsible for pricing if you bought it from somewhere else...

Usually 3rd party retailers pricing lags by a few days so places such as amazon...wirefly...lets talk wont see price drops for a few days.

Amazon still listing as 249 for upgrades...
  16. not2gutta

Did you get it from a third party store? Thats what the lady said, was to get ahold of the store I got it from to comfirm a price change and they should give me a credit..perhaps I should call again and tell THEM to notify the store to confirm the price change? Also, when he called the store to confirm, did he give your info to see what price you paid at the time?
  17. budmonster

budmonster Guest

He asked me if I ordered it online/on phone or in the store. I told him I orderd my Nexus on the phone, returned it to store and go a Rezound. Returned my defective Rezound to a different store and got a new one. He said he had to call the store I got my most recent phone at and see if they are using the new prices yet. He called the Verizon store to see how much I payed for the phone. Everything checked out good from the store, so he credited my account $100 off my next bill.

Yeah have them call the store to confirm it. And yeah he had to see what I paid at the time.
  18. Pseudoty1

Pseudoty1 Well-Known Member

I returned my Gnex on Friday the 6th for the Rezound at a corporate store and I had no problem getting the $100 credit when I called *611. Also the credited me for the $35 restocking fee as my Gnex had no data unless I did a battery and SIM card pull. This was the third time it happened to me and the csr said only way to not get hit with the restocking fee was to get another Gnex. I responded that it is a flawed device so why should I get another one and they waived the restocking fee.
  19. ptco911

ptco911 Well-Known Member

Bought my Rezound on 12/29 and just got done having the $100 credited to my account with no problems.
  20. Boomstk

Boomstk Well-Known Member

Is this price an online price only or do they match it in store?

Verizon is tricky in that way. They advertise one price online, but in the store it's much higher.
  21. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Sweet. With the holidays, my return date is until the 15th.
  22. kevhow

kevhow Well-Known Member

Big thanks to the OP on this one. Today was the final day of my return period, so if I didn't see this I would have probably been out of luck tomorrow.

Called customer assistance about an hour ago and had no trouble getting the $100 credit.
  23. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Bought in store on 28th for 249. Got $50 credited with zero hassle by calling *611.
  24. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

Go say that in the Nexus forum. :)
  25. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

If amazon lists it as $249 for upgrade that is an increase. I got 2 as upgrades from amazon on Dec 28 for $150 each.