Rezound won't sleep like it shouldSupport

Last Updated:

1. matt.burns21

matt.burns21 Active Member

So I have been having an issue on and off ever since I got my phone which is in turn, draining my battery life. Whenever I do something on my phone, be it texting, google talk, surf the internet, etc, my phone doesn't sleep like it should when I am finished and set the phone down on a surface..

Some days it does, others it does not. What could possibly be preventing my phone from "sleeping" and fading to the lockscreen like it should? I was thinking it may have been Verizon Location Services as I read reviews on the Android Market and people were complaining about that, so I disabled that in the location settings, however, this did not resolve the issue.

I am thinking of just rooting and romming my phone to remove the bloat anyway, so maybe doing that will help. My phone sat for most of today and I'm down to 40% already, was at 100% when I left the house at 8AM. and 68% of the battery life is my display due to it being on when I set the phone down.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated as I am ripping my hair out about this issue.

Advertisement
  2. Boomstk

Boomstk Well-Known Member

It's most likely an app that is causing it. I had this problem with an alarm clock app I had. try uninstalling anything new you may have added and see if it solves it.