1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Rhapsody is now just $5 a month.

1. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

MetroPCS customers can now get rhapsody for just $5 since its no longer bundled with any plans. But you do have to be on 1 of the recently announced plans. The new $40,50 & 60 plans.

In a move that could be considered slightly similar to what Muve's been doing with Cricket, Rhapsody announced today it's teamed up with MetroPCS to bring a more desirable music plan to the carrier's subscribers. What this means, essentially, is that MetroPCS customers can now pay an extra $5 per month on their plan to stream as many on-demand tunes as possible from Rhapsody's extensive library, so long as it's one of those recently introduced "simpler" deals. Naturally, how much music folks can stream will also depend on which month-to-month plan they are on, but the $5 monthly Rhapsody subscription is set to be the same across MetroPCS' $40, $50 & $60
    Rhapsody and MetroPCS announce new $5 unlimited on-demand plan for monthly subscribers

Advertisement
    alfick3, Shabbypenguin and mike28 like this.
  2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member

shame they are trying to get people off their better grandfathered plans :/
  3. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

ofcourse could u imagine us having unlimited data and unlimited music streaming lol that would be epic. oh well ill stick to my pandora lol
  4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

i get it free anyway :D at least compared to the new plans :D i have the original old $60 plan with unlimited data and rhapsody :)
  5. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

I'll stick with google.
  6. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Customers who have the $10 Rhapsody bolt-on will continue to receive the service for $10 a month. Existing customers are eligible to change from the $10 Rhapsody bolt-on to the $5 Rhapsody bolt-on. Customers who are on a legacy Rhapsody Unlimited Music Plan are grandfathered and will not be impacted.[/FONT]
    h4x0rj3ff likes this.
  7. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

I'll stick with free TuneIn radio streaming 97.1 The River from Atlanta. They consistently have a better Classic Rock play list than I could make myself.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  8. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member

hands down slacker is IMO the best streaming radio/music service it actually plays music you want to hear or will enjoy. of course ive just been using my uberpandora rather than deal with all that :)
  9. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

I haven't listened to fm radio in more than 10 years. I listen to sports talk if I listen to anything on the radio and I have iheartradio for that.
  10. Gomez025

Gomez025 Well-Known Member

Even if you have the rhapsody plan, it sucks using it on Android phones. When I had the subscription, I'd use the app on my ipod touch it's much smoother, simpler and playback is a snap. But for $5 now it's cool but I'd rather stick to my $55 unlimited plan. I use rdio it's kinda like slacker.