Rhapsody, Music Player, Voice Dial ConflictSupport

Last Updated:

1. SopieMunky

SopieMunky Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't find anyone specifically having this problem when I was using the search function, so forgive me if I missed it; I feel it's a pretty unique problem anyhow.

So I was going on a trip to the store and my friend was riding along. Before we left the house, I had pre-loaded the Rhapsody app onto my phone, pumped about the upcoming music heaven to be displayed in my car.

I sign in, sit down in the car, and plug my audio jack and usb to microusb charger (that sucker uses lots of battery at the moment).

The very second I plug in the audio headphones jack, the voice dialer pops up. Seemed reasonable--I thought to myself that I would figure out how to disable that later--due to the fact that it's trying to go hands free.

So I close out of voice dial, then load up an album on Rhapsody.

The second it starts playing, the voice dialer comes on, it automatically dials the last number called and on top of this, it starts up the pre-installed music player on the phone and starts shuffling through songs!

Now, I figured I had pressed a bunch of buttons by mistake...not the case. I tried and re-tried (or had my friend do so, because I was driving at the time) over until we finally gave up on it. Every single time I'd plug everything in, it would do this.

I even tried manually killing all the tasks except Rhapsody (with a crazy awesome Advanced Task Killer app) and then just playing the songs by themselves. Only, to my horror, it kept automatically opening up voice dialer, dialing out and shuffling through default music player songs again.

Anyone have a solution on how to fix this? I would really like to be able to rock out to my Rhapsody subscription in my car like my roommate does with his Motorola Droid.

My first concern is getting rid of the auto-pop for the Voice Dialer, as I don't want to burden my friends as well with this problem because my phone keeps calling them in vain.

Thanks for any suggestions or help guys! Other than this I'm lovin the hell out of my HTC Incredible! ;)

Advertisement
  2. Novaglarion

Novaglarion Active Member

I've seen the Rhapsody type issue before on another phone. The problem stems from how the radio or device you plug the audio cable into sends requests back to the player to allow for changing tracks and handling calls.

The phone is set to recognize those signals being sent back to the phone and react in a specified way. That is why there are compatibility issues with some headsets and phones, the pins are not alligned the same so the signal being sent back is misinterpreted.

So what is sounds like is your radio is sending a signal back to the device that you want to play music and the phone's action is to open the voice dialer...

I'd check the compatibility of your device with your radio to start with. Do you have the option for bluetooth? That might be the better option for you if there is a compatibility issue and you don't want to get a new phone or radio.

3. nate.kelmes

nate.kelmes Well-Known Member

SopieMunky likes this.
  4. SopieMunky

SopieMunky Member This Topic's Starter

Good deal. I'll migrate all my problems/experience there now. Thanks!