Rhapsody to go to will support downloadable play

Last Updated:

1. -Myk-

-Myk- Banned This Topic's Starter

Nov 6, 2009
    We are excited to tell you about a new feature (coming soon) for the Rhapsody app that allows you to download music from Rhapsody onto your iPhone or iPod Touch and listen even when you don't have a network connection.

We've gotten a lot of requests for this feature from users who want to hear their favorite music everywhere- on planes, subways, elevators and lonely stretches of highway where carrier networks fear to tread.
    No bars = no problem. Strong signal, weak signal or no signal -- soon your Rhapsody music will be able to go ANYWHERE your iPhone or iPod Touch goes.

And did we mention that your battery will last longer? Playing downloaded music from the device's memory instead of streaming it over the carrier or WiFi network saves a ton of battery power.
    Longer battery life = more listening and less time recharging.
    So I checked the Rhapsody App beta site to see if they has the same thing planed for Android. This is a feature I have been wanting for months.

CB, Official Rep, replied 2 hours ago
    Hi Rand, we are definitely working on this same feature set for our Android app. The initial release to Android Market will be streaming-only and not include this feature, but we will release an update as soon as possible after that. Will update with more concrete details as we get closer to release.
    Song downloading for Android app available soon?