Ridiculous Battery DrainGeneral

Last Updated:

1. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone recently seen ridiculous battery drain on their Eris? I know people are saying the new facebook is stuck on contact syncing and draining the battery, but it cant be draining it this much.

Today when I was at work is where I noticed it the most. I started at 1 and when my group took a break at 2:42 I had lost 65% battery life!!! :eek:

Has anyone else seen this much of a drain? or is it just me?

Advertisement
  2. lilbballer27

Now im getting low space storage error. I have not installed a new app in weeks!! Wtf is going on with my phone can anyone help me out?

Thanks

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Install spare parts from the market and see what is using the battery.

4. lilbballer27

Ok i did now what do i go to? I clicked batter history and the only two things it says is Running 100% and screen on 16%.

Good or bad?

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Have you tried rebooting the phone? I have had this happen when a sync is stuck, rebooting fixed it

6. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Ok, so we've confirmed there is a problem with a program running.

I would check your partial awake usage in Spare Parts to see what that says.

Also, in your phone settings --> applications --> running services. See if there is an app that you've downloaded that is running there.

I agree with the previous poster; sometimes a simple reboot will solve the problem.

7. lilbballer27

I rebooted but my battery drain is almost the same. I removed the facebook app because of the continuous syncing I hope this works. I also removed some other apps in hopes it will work.

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Be sure to have a look at your apps that can be configured for updating in the background (weather, etc) besides facebook.

GPS and overclocking are also huge battery eaters, and of course wifi.

9. lilbballer27

I am overclocked but H have never had a problem like this before while having my phone overclocked. I rarely use the gps and the wifi is never on. Im hoping today goes a little better for my phone and wont have to charge it 4 times in one day.

10. cuzndav

cuzndav Member

I had something draining my battery last week. The only thing I could find was an app called screebl seemed to be the problem. It had never been a problem before, but it was the only thing I could determine was kipling the battery. I had used it for weeks and really liked it. I can not remember if it updated recently or not. Would you happen to be running it?

11. lilbballer27

No i dont not have that app. I honestly have not downloaded anything recently besides the facebook update.

12. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

That's twice you've mentioned this app, I'd suggest doing 1 of 2 things with Facebook.

1) Live without it for a day and totally delete the app to see if that removes the drain on your battery. If it's not the problem it's easy enough to reinstall on your phone.

2) Dig through all the settings and make darn sure it's not actively running in the background when you think it's just sitting there idle.

Since you only notice it at work, I wonder if you've got a weak signal there. Maybe putting your phone in airplane mode while working would help solve the problem. Then during breaks you can turn off airplane mode so that you can actually use your phone.

13. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Is Ivans Official 1.0 the only rom you have ever used? You could try either a different rom or re-flashing Ivans, then install your apps back one by one until you notice the drain again. Kind of a pain, but you will find out what the problem is. Make sure you do a backup before re-flashing.

14. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

This is a good thought too.

15. katydid99

katydid99 Active Member

I too am having a ridiculous amount of battery drain and can't figure out why. I have killed FB in running services and in manage applications after I use it and the battery drains in a matter of a couple of hours. Please help.

16. lilbballer27

I removed facebook everything seems ok. I have tried other roms I like ivans the best, but removing facebook sync has seemed to work out so far.