• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ridiculous LTE Speeds

hattoja

Lurker
Mar 22, 2011
Sorry if this has been touched before..I know there's something wrong with the upload speeds in the speedtest app, but why am I currently averaging 44.xxMbps download speeds!? Has anyone else seen speeds like that?

I'm indoors at work (thick ass concrete walls ~2ft) in Germantown, MD and have full bars of LTE all day. This thing is impressive.

or, go to
speakeasy.net/speedtest
i did that in the Verizon store before i bought my phone to test firsthand the strength of LTE in my area (no LTE repeater in-store)
and i'm blown away by the speed/range of LTE in my area.
had an Evo, never EVER got wimax anywhere--let alone in my work (in a warehouse),
and with LTE i'm getting constant coverage and full LTE speed in the warehouse.

it's ridiculous.
best speeds i've gotten were just a mile down the road in SouthCarolina, about 49 down and 12up, using the speakeasy.net web browser page (Atlanta server)

love this phone/network

Upvote 0
or, go to
speakeasy.net/speedtest
i did that in the Verizon store before i bought my phone to test firsthand the strength of LTE in my area (no LTE repeater in-store)
and i'm blown away by the speed/range of LTE in my area.
had an Evo, never EVER got wimax anywhere--let alone in my work (in a warehouse),
and with LTE i'm getting constant coverage and full LTE speed in the warehouse.

it's ridiculous.
best speeds i've gotten were just a mile down the road in SouthCarolina, about 49 down and 12up, using the speakeasy.net web browser page (Atlanta server)

love this phone/network

This morning I was getting 33 Mbps down and 4.2 up.

I average 28 Mbps down and 4 up.

That's using speakeasy dot net's web browser test. Atlanta server.

Amazing.

Upvote 0
Try a file download to get a better idea. I don't get more than 1-2 MEGS downloading large files in a "4G" area.

i turned on my hotspot this afternoon, in my warehouse, for a friend to tether to download his Atrix update (17MB).

took about 10 seconds to download the file to his phone using my LTE signal.

even he was impressed.

Upvote 0
every time i use any of the speed tests, it thinks the phone is in kansas while i'm in charlotte, now the weather on the main screen is right and using the maps also is right, why does speedtest.net ,both the app and launched from browser think i'm in kansas

are you sure it's not just providing you with the location of the server from which your speedtest is being accessed with its data?

for instance, i pull from Atlanta (on speakeasy.net/speedtest)

go to speakeasy.net/speedtest and click on Atlanta (from a list of several other locations)

Upvote 0
no i can pull from different servers but on the map thing it always has the phone in kansas and when i pull from charlotte server on speedtest.net i dont get near what some people have i mean way off, websites still load fast as fast as my home computer but i'm thinking that maybe it could be even faster, cause i see people on here from charlotte getting 30 or 40 and anytime i do it i get like 5 to 15 when i'm in the university area
i hope its not an issue from activating the phone here when i have a jersey number

Upvote 0
Here is a quick screenshot of Thunderbolt when tethered to my laptop. Seen 6+MB/s before, but not today. 5.5MB/s sustained aint bad either ;)
346un8l.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones