Ring delay

Last Updated:

1. agemme27

agemme27 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to eliminate the ringer delay? It seems like forever before my phone starts to make any noise to notify me of a phone call.

2. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Ok, that sounds like a good way of describing it. I also have a thread going about this, but thus far only one guy has responded and he's having the same problem.
  3. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I think this requires root, but you can pull build.prop and modify a line along the lines of:

ring.delay = 3000

or something to that extent. I usually just change it to 1

Then you push it back to /system
    f12 likes this.
  4. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

I know this sounds simplistic, but have you tried various ring tones?
  5. f12

f12 Active Member

wait nvm i think i got it, thanks so much though
  6. spazma7ik

spazma7ik Well-Known Member

Would you happen to have your phone rooted and overclocked? Cause if you set profiles for your sleep/standby for anything around 125/250, there can be a problem with the phone waking up and ringing.
  7. YankeeDudeL

Man, how come everyone's responding to this and not my thread? Is my 24 hour deoderant wearing off? lol

I am rooted, but this has been an issue since before I ever obtained it. But mine is specific to when my Droid is set to both ring and vibrate. When I uncheck vibrate, there's no longer any delay.

I could give Fabolous' answer a go, but I think that would solve the OPs problem, not mine.
  8. agemme27

Ok Fabolous, thanks. Do you want to give me a step by step? I'm running bugless beast and a the sholes overclock kernal.
  9. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

From a terminal window:

adb pull /system/build.prop build.prop

Open the build.prop file with notepad or wordpad w/e

Find the following line:

Change 3000 to 1, or delete the line entirely, save the file

Then, back in the terminal:

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtd/mtdblock4 /system

adb push build.prop /system/
  10. agemme27

Thanks again:D
  11. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

on my 2 previous phones running windows mobile, there was a service code to dial to change the slot cycle index to help with the problem. Those phones both shipped with SCI of 2 and I always changed it to 1. I have searched both here and on Droidforums but I can't seem to find an answer for the Droid. There was a code posted in the Eris forum but it doesn't seem to work on my droid.

Fabolous, is your method changing how long the phone takes to ring once it is notified of a call? Versus the sci which is how often the phone checks pings the tower for an incoming call?
  12. YankeeDudeL

I don't have an issue when vibrate is off, it's when it's enabled. When it is, my ring doesn't kick in till way after vibrating. It's not an issue when it's on me, but if it's charging, or I'm just not near it, I can't get to it in time.

Sure, it's simply a matter of being cognizant of the situations and whether or not to enable it. But I was wondering if everyone had this issue, or if it's just me.