• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ring once hack -- what's the longest mp3 that the Moments supports as ringtone?

Johnny Cakes

Android Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2009
The one thing I miss from my old Nokia phone is the "ring once" option. This is great for those public places where your phone can get you into trouble when it rings (e.g. court). With the ring once option, you just keep cool and since your not scrambling to turn off the phone, the situation usually passes without further ado.

Unfortunately, the Moment doesn't a "ring once" option. So I was thinking of creating a ringtone which had some sort of business-like beep/tone at the beginning, then followed by lots of silence. The more silence the better.

Anyone know what the max length of a ringtone which the Moment will accept. Rather than re-invent the wheel, anyone have a download location for what I'm looking for here?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones