Ring only setting?

Last Updated:

1. azav8ter

azav8ter Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking for a way to set my phone for ring only so that at night I will get important phone calls, but NO notifications sounds. Every app I see only turns sounds on or off. When I press the power button I get a list of profiles but it is all sound off. Any ideas? I have looked at many of the popular "Ring control" but have yet to find one that separates ring tones from notifications.

Advertisement
  2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Settings>sound & display>ringer volume>uncheck use incoming call volume for notifications>adjust notification volume to the level you want

azav8ter likes this.
  3. azav8ter

Yeah that is a good work around Behold Thank you. I was hoping for a setting or app like the Blackberry has that turns off all sounds except for ring. (I'm still recovering from BB LOL) Is there a way to edit the Phone's own ring profile like silent mode, airplane mode, vibration mode, and "ring only mode"?

4. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Well you could try audio manager or audio manager pro. Great interface and awesome widget for quick adjustments without going into settings...it puts it right there on your home screen

azav8ter likes this.
  5. azav8ter

This worked out very well indeed!! Thank you Behold. It is a fine widget and we have quiet at night and still know that that phone can ring if someone needed me.

6. gotwood

gotwood Member

I like the myvipcalls app. can add as many important numbers to it. turn all your sounds off and the contacts you select will come through when they call