ring tone help, please...Support

Last Updated:

1. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

new to Android (and love it!!!!). the only thing I have a problem with so far is how the standard ring tones are continuous. there is no break in between. it's like a non stop ring. I tried downloading one similar to see if that would give me the break I'm looking for. But it must be the phone causing this because the downloaded tone did the same thing

Does anyone know how I can fix this????? i searched the setting but found nothing.

Advertisement
  2. wedgemoose

Bump....

incase some missed it. (this forum does move fast!!!!! wait ten minuets and your three pages behind)....

3. leafsfan

leafsfan New Member

Hey were u able to find a fix for this? Im new to android and this.continuous.ringtone is the dumbest idea ive ever seen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

That's the dumbest idea you've every seen? I'm sure it's an annoying flaw for you, but that's it. You really think that's worse than the iPhone that wouldn't make calls when you're holding it the wrong way, cell phone companies charging people outrageous rates to use their capped data to tether, worse than the Microsoft kin?

Anyways, your best bet is to find or make a ringtone file that is set up the way you want it. You can either scour the Web to find one you like, our use sting like zedge (available on the market). Or you can edit the ringtone how you like it, using something like ring Droid (also on market).

5. wedgemoose

Yes i did. I actually found a program for the computer to edit audio (a free one). I will admit i had to play with it for a while to get it right. But I did it.

I'm attching my "fixed Standard" one i fixed. it now has the normal delay. But you might not want this one. so free up yourself about an hour of time and go make one. It's kind of fun once you get into it because it's neat.

Can't remember the program because i got a new computer. I just typed in "Free audio editor" or something like that. there were a bunch of choices.
    good luck

Hum, it won't let me upload it? send me a PM with an email address and i will get it to you. sorry

It's because it was a WAV file. I just converted to a MP3. here you go

Attached Files: