Ring Tone Won't StickSupport

Last Updated:

1. RingMe

RingMe Active Member This Topic's Starter

I set my email ring tone to Silent at night and then in the morning, I set it to one of the ring tones. After a while, I'll check the phone and the ring tone is back to Silent. Very frustrating...:mad:

Advertisement
  2. oops_iv

oops_iv New Member

im having a similar issue .. im using Zedge for my ringtones .. which seems to be totally f'd .. some tones stop playing, some play other random files on my phone .. something strange is afoot at the circle K!

3. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

I had the same issue when I was downloading them off Zedge and using the web. Once I downloaded them to the PC and then transferred them with USB they were saved as actual .mp3 instead of .mpga all was well.

No idea why this happens but since using mp3 only I have never had an issue ?

4. SlappyMcgee

SlappyMcgee Well-Known Member

If you grab astro file manager from the market, you can rename the .mpga files to .mp3 directly on the phone.

5. RingMe

RingMe Active Member This Topic's Starter

I think I figured out how to make the ring tone stick. After choosing your ring tone, just scroll the screen a bit before you hit your home button or back button.

6. kalikiano

kalikiano New Member

Instead of going trough general sound settings, open the messaging app directly, and from there go to settings within messaging app by tapping Menu button, scroll down to "Select ringtone" and apply from the file.

- Aloha ke Akua