Ring tones and other tones - resetting to "defalut" for no reason.Support

Last Updated:

1. flying dog

flying dog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks.

New kid on the block here. I hope this is the right area, but it isn't an accessory question, it isn't a "trick/tip" and it isn't to do with "ROOT" - I'll take that as not the UNIX meaning either.

Ok, Have the phone. Went through all the fun of finding my own prefered ring tone - well I made it from a song, and another ring tone for other uses.

Set them up, set the "Message" tone, set the alarm tone and all was good.

It wasn't long after that I bought a SANDISC8 gig SD card.
    Coppied ALL files over and swapped the cards.

I am not sure exactly WHEN the problem started, but it still exists.

Now and then the phone is in my pocket and it starts making a sound. It isn't one I selected, so ignore it until it becomes obvious it is mine as no-one else is talking on their phone.

I look and it is a message/phone call/alarm.

They are NOT the ones I set. So I go through the process of seting them back to what I like.

Someone says it could be a dicky SD card. I shall test that soon by putting back the original one and seeing what happens. The only problem with that is that it is SO INTERMITANT that it is hard to know if it is or not really the problem.

Other information:
    O/S 2.1
    Original battery. Still getting good time on the battery.
    Not too many tone apps. The only one I have is the one to make it start ringing soft and get louder.

I had another one too so it rings softer after a certain time and then in the morning back to "normal". But that is now gone.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It would be interesting to hear your results with the old card. Please keep us posted.

"ROOT" - I'll take that as not the UNIX meaning either.

It is actually. Android is based on a Linux kernel ;)