Ringcentral wav files

Last Updated:

1. bruceo

bruceo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Confirmed that the droid will not play wav files generated by ringcentral voicemail. If anyone figures out how to play them please post!

Advertisement
  2. e39e60

e39e60 Well-Known Member

That's a suck but there is NO support on Android for WAV files. Google needs to address this. Meanwhile you may want to:

1) Put a suggestion in to RC to allow VM to come in as MP3

2) Remember you can check VM by dialing your # so think about setting up a dial direct short cut.

3) Get Google Voice and have RC forward voice calls to there. Once you have RC transcribing your voice mail, faking your caller ID to a universal # automatically on the droid, and picking up your phone's VM too, you won't want RC as much.

4) Not sure how #3 affects faxes on one RC # with voice. Currently I have a dedicated fax # but will probably use RC for toll free only.

3. mobrien

mobrien New Member

Not so, Droid plays wav files, just not RC wav files. You can confirm this by playing a wav file from another source. Interesting thing is you can open a RC wav file in Audacity and export it out as a wav and that one WILL work. So there is something different about the RC wav files.

4. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem but found if I send the email with the wave attachment to my gmail address it plays fine.

5. bruceo

bruceo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Droids specs say it plays .wav ipod specs say it plays .wav. I pick up the droid open gmail click the .wav it doesn't play. I pick up the Ipod touch 2g open gmail click the .wav it plays flawlessly....

6. jasonsplace

jasonsplace New Member

This has been bugging me for quite some time now so I called RingCentral. It appears that they have the ability to use MP3 instead of WAV but there is no way to change it in the control panel. They had to change the setting for us but now the voicemails are sent in an Android friendly MP3 file.

7. tommyb3

tommyb3 New Member

We have the same problem with wav files coming out of our Mitel voicemail system and sent to the user via email, they won't play on the EVO. Older phones, with a variety of OS's, didn't have a problem. I don't want to have to buy an app, then get it on every users phone, then teach them how to save the attachment, then find it using the new app. And if I change the voicemail system, do I create a problem for the existing phones??? C'mon Google, fix this please!!!

8. crosschecking

crosschecking Well-Known Member

tommy,

this will not solve your issue but individuals can purchase the Remote wave application. I did (we are on Mitel as well), set it as the default for wav files and it plays them automatically from the email. That said, I hope they come up with an integrated, stock solution.

9. tommyb3

tommyb3 New Member

Cross,
    Thanks! I am new to the OS, can you tell me where I find the spot to tell it to use the Remote app when playing a wav file? I can't seem to find it. Thanks for your help!

10. mchsol

mchsol New Member

Converting recorded calls file format to MP3
    Can the default file format for recording calls be changed into MP3 format?

Yes, calls can be recorded in MP3 format instead of the default .wav format.
    NOTE: You will have to contact RingCentral Customer Support at (888) 898-4591 to have this setting changed to your preferred format.

11. utalkitype

utalkitype New Member

I called Ring Central after I read this thread and they told me I could only receive my voicemails in the .wav format. Did I just not talk to the right person or what? Is there someone or some special department that I need to be asking for?

12. Highland Ranger

Highland Ranger Well-Known Member

This app allows you to play those voicemail files - I also lost the ability to play Vonage voicemail waves after updating to 2.2

Remote wav, a paid app does solve the issue - Dev Site for Remote wave: Remote

13. vintagerv

vintagerv New Member

I just switched to mp3 files with RC. Easy. Call in. Ask. They can definitely do it from their end. And they can do it by extension so you can do it just for you and not for everyone else in your company.