1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Ringdroid Help

Last Updated:

1. g1tube

g1tube Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I've downloaded some songs from my computer to my G1, next step i downloaded Ringdroid from the Android Market.

When i launch the application it just says Record New >> For me to record a voice sound, i cannot access the music ringtone editor?

I have tried pressing menu and touching screen but nothing?

Has anyone else had same problem or am i doing something wrong?

Advertisement
  2. newsoltsc

newsoltsc Member

I think it matters where on your SD card you store the music files.

I can see "Record Now" as well. But also I can see all the music files I have on my SD card.

Can you see your music on your SD card when you use the music player?

3. g1tube

When i open music player my music files are there but not when i open Ringdroid?

4. newsoltsc

newsoltsc Member

Have you tried uninstalling and powering down the g1, then installing the app?

5. g1tube

Thanks for the help, but just tried this and its still the same?

I have emailed developer and will let you know if i get response

6. g1tube

Thanks for the help guys i got the problem fixed ;)

When i emailed developer i got reply to check out the following link: http://code.google.com/p/ringdroid/wiki/FAQ

Because i was using AAC files from my itunes account, Ringdroid does not support these although you can play them on Android.

I had to change music files from AAC to MP3 and now i can edit music for ringtones ;)

7. micah808

micah808 New Member

every time i try to make a ringtone i get a message that says "error writing file" every single time. i have uninstalled and re-installed the program and keep getting that message, which is odd, because that never used to happen. any insight anyone??

8. holly needs help please

holly needs help please Member

First, quick reply to original threader, when you dont see the music you can hit view all music because normally it will only show what it can use. So hit view all and if you clicked on a gray one that doesn't work it will tell you because the type of file.

Second my ringdroid is glitching I think. When I pull up files it will only play from the beginning. Even when I move the clippers further down the song and hit play it will play from the beginning so i can't hear what I'm clipping. This only happens. Sometimes and if I turn phone on and off it works again briefly then glitches. Half the time. Any ideas? I

9. holly needs help please

holly needs help please Member

First, quick reply to original threader, when you dont see the music you can hit view all music because normally it will only show what it can use. So hit view all and if you clicked on a gray one that doesn't work it will tell you because the type of file.

Second my ringdroid is glitching I think. When I pull up files it will only play from the beginning. Even when I move the clippers further down the song and hit play it will play from the beginning so i can't hear what I'm clipping. This only happens. Sometimes and if I turn phone on and off it works again briefly then glitches. Half the time. Any ideas? Files are not corrupt or anything because half the time it works.

Thanks for any help.

10. pagiee

pagiee New Member

same thing is happening to me! i dont want the beginning of the song i want the chorous LOL and its killing me that it wont work,any solution on your end?