Ringdroid notification tones and ringtones won't save

Last Updated:

1. heartattackjones

heartattackjones New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Motorola Droid for Verizon and can't get my saved and edited tones to work. I save them, but now whenever I receive a phone call or notification, the phones uses default tones for both. Anyone else with this problem?

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Stupid question, but you'd be surprised at how many people overlook this simple step. Have you gone into sound settings and assigned your newly created ringtones and notifications as default? You can also assign individual ringtones to each contact as well.

If you have already done this, then try pulling your battery and waiting five to ten seconds. Then put the battery back on and turn your phone back on.

Remember, when you save a ringtone or notification, you have the option to set it as default or assign it to a contact right then and there.

Kratos

3. heartattackjones

heartattackjones New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your response, kratos. I checked my sound settings and everything checks out - I think the problem resolved itself. Yesterday after I first created the tones, it was alternating between using the new tone, the default tone, or not notifying me at all. Today I don't seem to be having a problem :)