Ringer issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. nycmike

nycmike Member This Topic's Starter

MY Evo stops ringing after a brief half ring on an incoming call. It doesn't always do it. But I notice it more now. Does anyone else have this issue? Anyone know a fix?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Change the slot cycle index by doing this...

3. nycmike

I forgot to add that although it stops ringing the phone is still telling me there is a call coming in for about 10 seconds. Just hate that I miss calls if i'm not next to my phone because it rang for half a second and I didn't hear it.
    Is this procedure above for the prob I have or if it rings for a sec and then the call is gone?

4. ScorpDX

No, with that added bit of information it sounds more like you need to find a longer ringtone.

5. nycmike

Thanks. That's odd though cuz when it does ring normal its a long ringtone and its one of the ones on the phone. I was thinking if it was quiet ring on pickup option making it stop since it is vibrating also.

6. ScorpDX

Yes, it could be that if you have that option selected. I forgot about that one.

7. Biggers

Biggers New Member

I've had my Evo for about a month and lately i noticed the exact same problem. It's definitely not an issue related to the length of the ringtone. During some incoming calls the ringtone will play all the way out until i either answer it or it rings enough for the voicemail to get it. But several times a day it will play for 1 second and the sound goes out, but the screen lets me know i have an incoming call. I have not changed any settings so i don't know why it just started happening. Not to mention sometimes the phone will ring for 1 or 2 seconds and then send the call straight to voicemail before i can answer it. Annoying!!!!!