1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

ringer/notification volumeSupport

1. njchrist

njchrist New Member

I am looking for a way to link my ringer, notification, and alarm volume to the volume rocker button. I simply want to be able to adjust them all at once at the same level, including vibrate. I have seen this same dilemma posted in forums for other devices with no exact solution to what I am looking for. Maybe it's just not possible, but my next step is to purchase audio manager for $2.99 because it will do what I want minus the ability to control all 3 levels simultaneously with the volume rocker. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Daino92

Daino92 Well-Known Member

First off, welcome to the forum! The only solution I can think of is to root and flash a ROM, or like you said to buy that app. I'm sure other members will be able to assist you more.
  3. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

Have not tried it myself.
  4. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

I reported it to VZW that the ringer/notification is no longer able to be linked. I told my friends with Razr's to do the same. I would recommend it as well.

My workaround is to set a shortcut/widget on my homescreen that takes me to the sounds menu. I select volume, and manually adjust the notification down/up.

the alarm isn't an issue to me, since I never touch it once it's set.
  5. njchrist

njchrist New Member

Thanks for all of the replies. Looks like I'm going to find a program to create sound profiles with screen widgets. That's a decent workaround.
  6. chazzlabs

chazzlabs Member

I downloaded the Volume Widget app and added a widget for notification volume. (It took me a minute to figure out how to do this, but if you want to add a widget to control only one sound, press the text on the widget to select the sound.)

This is the only thing that I don't like about ICS so far. I'm frequently changing the volume on my phone, and it really bugs me that I have to go through the extra step because the sounds aren't linked. I was completely shocked to find out after receiving the ICS update that this was something a lot of people had been asking for.
  7. Neiceynay

Neiceynay New Member

I had Audio Manager (free) on my phone and it worked perfectly for my needs - I linked the ringer and the notification volume and was then able to control both with the volume rocker. Imagine my annoyance when I was upgraded to ICS recently and there was no way to "link" those two together anymore. So now I lurk the android forum looking for a tip on a product (preferrably free) that will do what my old free app won't anymore with ICS. I've installed and uninstalled about six different apps tonight to try to find that volume rocker convenience... so far no dice.
  8. Neiceynay

Neiceynay New Member

I think I found the free product that works - Volume Control by roys - has an option to sink notification and ringer - and both can be controlled with the rocker! I am beyond happy now!
  9. bethied74

bethied74 New Member

+1

I don't want to use a freaking widget. When my phone starts blaring during church because I forgot to turn it off, I want to just be able to silence it quickly with the rocker bar. The last OS I had gave you the option of separating the two volumes or having them tethered. I always had them tethered. I get maybe six phone calls a week...and now that the rocker bar only controls the ringer volume, the rocker bar is now virtually useless to me. I really hope they change this in the next OS or send us an update for this one!
  10. bethied74

bethied74 New Member

Have you been using it? Do you recommend it?
  11. djclemon

djclemon Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to silence the shutter sound when taking screen shots? I have tried everything and can't seem to figure it out?