Ringer starts out really lowSupport

1. jgunt

jgunt New Member

Okay, I'll admit I know absolutely nothing about this phone... I switched from an iPhone & love it so far but my only issue is when people call me my ringer is so low at the start then after about 5 seconds goes to the volume I have it set on... I looked all over the settings and theres nothing about ascending ringer checked or anything... this is just buggin' the heck out of me.. anyone had this issue or know how to make it stop? ;)

Advertisement
  2. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

Happens to me too. I don't know if this is a bug or if that's how it's suppose to work. I kinda like personally!
  3. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

I believe the low first ring is universal and can't be modified. You can either consider it a "feature," allowing you to answer before disturbing those around you or...here's a practical solution to help offset the first low ring by extending the time your phone rings before rolling over into voicemail.

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
    2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages.
    3. Write down the number (including +1)
    4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
    5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active.

Dialing *#61# as instruction 5 suggests told me that my phone forwards to voicemail after 30 seconds.

Hope this helps, and welcome jgunt!
  4. pac0naut

pac0naut Well-Known Member

I never noticed it until I did a custom ringtone...then I noticed it all the time. Not that it's a huge deal, but thanks for letting us know that it's the phone!
  5. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

Yep, ascending ringtone is a Samsung thing, and best my googling has told me, can't be modified. This is my 3rd straight Samsung phone and they all did that. After awhile, you get used to it.
  6. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

I actually like it. My ringtone is loud as hell (need it that way) but when I am home and its on my dock the ascending first ring saves me from pissing down my leg when it goes off.

Thanks for the tip, Jack.
  7. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

Yep, it's the way the ringtones work.

Helps at work when I forget to put the phone on vibrate ;)
  8. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I appreciate some people like it, I just wish Samsung wouldn't be so arrogant and assume everyone would want it, and instead just make it a fricken configurable option already. Other phones don't work that way... it's not really smart behavior to win customers by forcing them to do something in a way different than they're used to.
  9. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

I agree. There can be a lot more customizability in android and Samsung. The small things like the ringtone ascension are unnecessary restrictions. However, if everything was customizable then the system itself would be more unstable unless extra programming effort was put forth. You could also argue that all the other phones are forcing their users to live without an ascending ringtone. I know Samsung is the *different* one, and should give you the option, but you see what I'm saying?
  10. incy1020

incy1020 Active Member

Hi:
    What ringtone are you using? I've been looking around for a really loud one.
    Thanks!
  11. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member

I edited my ringtone to add some silence to the beginning. Now when i get a call the ringtone starts in normal volume :D
  12. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

And one ring later...
  13. Joeydroid

I added about 1 second of silence to the beginning. Not even close to one ring later... :rolleyes:
  14. mojocracker

mojocracker New Member

Did you use ringdroid?
  15. Joeydroid

16. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

tried this...it didnt work...it wouldnt change it...gave me some error msg ...double and triple checked and i am entering as listed above. the first part worked to get the phone number but the step four instructions did not work. kept resetting to 20 seconds, the default.:confused:
  17. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Here's Plan B:

Call AT&T customer service. They'll gladly change it for you to 30 seconds since the "self help" didn't work out. :)
  18. sanko

sanko Member

I am facing the same problem on my LG Optimus Net Dual P698.

I could not understand your solution, weather it changes phone settings or settings with the operator?