Ringer Too QuietSupport

Last Updated:

1. ExclusiveTSX

ExclusiveTSX Member This Topic's Starter

I picked up my Droid X this morning and coming from my old Storm I'm really liking it. My only real complaint is that the volume of the ringer is way to low. I've already turned it up all of the way in settings but is there an app or something that could make it any louder? I use my phone as an alarm clock and I'm a fairly heavy sleeper so this is almost a make or break feature.

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Not sure what ringer you're trying but I downloaded the app called "Ringtone" that you can download ringtones directly from and even edit them. Great ringers for SMS, regular ringtones, etc. and all very loud. Hope it helps! Cause if you're talking about the "Droid" sound ringer, etc. then I agree...way too soft to hear in day to day environments

ExclusiveTSX likes this.
  3. ExclusiveTSX

Thanks for the quick response! You're right as of now I'm using stock ringers I'll try some others out and see how that goes. If anyone else has any other advise please keep it coming!

4. jbhumph

No problem. There is practically anything and everything on there...from movies to tv shows to hit songs right now...it's been fun going through them and again they're all able to sync in with any notification ringer :)

5. ExclusiveTSX

Just tried some other ringtones and their noise level doesn't even come close to the Storm. This is extremely disappointing.

6. jbhumph

My gf came from the Storm 1 to the Droid and then turned in her Droid for the Droid X today. She says she has to admit that the Storm is louder...but for the X she thinks if it's turned all the way up and the ringtone is loud enough, it is comparable

7. gixxersixxerman

gixxersixxerman Well-Known Member

Im having the same problrm.. Coming from the droid, that was loud enough to listen to music while working on my truck, this speaker I can't hear playing from my hip. Ive seen people talk about how loudloud the speaker phone is and its way to quite for me. Im going back to the store this weekend and looking at the display models and listening to them... if they are louder then im going to see if they can fo something with this phone.... otherwise i love my DX

8. importtooner

importtooner Member

I got suggestions in other threads to try downloading ringers and not using the pre-installed ones. I used the Ringdroid app to make tones from my MP3's AS WELL AS from ringtones downloaded from crackberry.com (I came from a Storm 1 as well) and I still feel that the max volume on this phone's speaker leaves a LOT to be desired. I hope they do something about this is the software update. For all those that think this phone is loud (or even too loud in some cases I have read) you have never had a loud phone before. You can barely hear this thing when you are 10 feet away. I could hear my storm across my house AND up one floor.

9. ExclusiveTSX

Mike I bet when you posted that to me you didn't even realize who I was lol..

10. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

11. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Called VZW to complain about ringer volume and he said he checked his database on complaints they pass to Motorola and said it has not been reported. If you have issues with the volume like I do, besure to pass it to VZW so they can tell Moto.