ringer volume is low even set at the highest setting

Last Updated:

1. dh4645

dh4645 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i do have the option on that decreases the volume once i move it, but even before i move it, it's sometimes very hard to hear unless if there is no other noise.

could it be the actual ringtones? i used ringdroid to edit down songs and make a ringtone on the aria.

anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

Although IMO it's plenty loud, it seems the Aria has a weak speaker which is why when on speaker phone it's not as loud as other phones.

3. Droidized

Droidized Well-Known Member

Have you looked at your edited ringtone volumes with an editor such as Audacity? If they are lower than you want and they aren't near the clipping value - you can increase them.

I have a silicone case that I like, but when the back is completely flat against something, it seals off the back speaker and dampens the ringing quite a bit. When it's not against something, I can hear it through my house and in loud environments.

4. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

Make sure when in your pocket the speaker faces outward. When you set it down on a table, try putting a pencil or something under the phone to create a gap so the speaker isnt muffled by the table. Also, theres a setting that when you pick up phone, the ringer quiets a little, maybe this is happening to you?

5. PC_3

PC_3 Member

I think this was a weak stop on reviews that the speaker is not so loud
    I just got my phone yesterday and I feel the same way so I think its the phone

6. OJsakila

OJsakila Well-Known Member

JUST MAKE CUSTOM RINGTONES.

...how hard is that?

7. xti14

xti14 Active Member

This is probably the one and only thing that i do not like about the phone, and that's the speaker. When I have it sitting on my night table...or anything flat...the sound gets muffed big time. And in my opinion its not the loudest speaker to begin with.