Ringer volume keeps turning itself to maximumSupport

Last Updated:

1. JezterVA

JezterVA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody else have the problem where the phones ringer volume keeps setting itself to maximum? This started two days ago when I used Lookout to locate my phone. I can turn it down, but it just keeps turning itself right back up. I can silence all sound from the settings menu and it just turns itself right back up? Was hoping to find an answer here before I go to the store for a replacement.

I've pulled the battery and performed a hard reset as well as uninstalled lookout. Don't know what else to do. Any help?

Advertisement
  2. JezterVA

Problem hasn't happened for well over an hour now, so I may have fixed it. I cleared all the caches from my installed programs, removed any programs that I haven't used in over a month, pulled the battery and did another hard reset. So far, so good. Hopefully it will remain in this silent(er) state. :cool:

3. JezterVA

Now that I think about it, I deleted all my text messages as well. There was one in my inbox from short code 99999 and the text was "(ring)(giggle)".

Are there viruses and worm-like apparitions for this platform? I'm assuming there are, since look-out scans for viruses. Now I'm intrigued. Hmmmm.....