1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

RingGuard uninstall incomplete?

Last Updated:

1. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

About six months ago I installed RingGuard to prevent accidental changes to my ringer volume by accidental presses of the volume rocker. I uninstalled it about 15 minutes later, as (at that time) it prevented Locale from changing the ringer volume.

I am now using Tasker, and it is unable to reliably detect changes to the ringer volume. Is it possible that something left over from RingGuard is preventing Tasker from seeing these changes? If so, how would I determine if this is what's happening?

Advertisement
  2. x475aws

x475aws Active Member

No, I don't see how anything of RingGuard could be left over after you uninstall it, especially if you've booted since then. BTW, have you seen the "Locale Audio Update Notifier" setting plug-in for Locale? It should enable RingGuard and Locale to co-exist cleanly.

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. I didn't really think RingGuard could have anything to do with it, but as unlikely a possibility as it was, I had no other suspects, so I figured it was worth asking.

I'm no longer using Locale, but I'm glad to see that the issue I had has been overcome.