Ringtone and Earpiece volume too low?General

Last Updated:

1. kimchi29

kimchi29 Member This Topic's Starter

So I noticed that the ringtone volume is really really low and the headset earpiece volume is really low too. Its so low that I am thinking that i may have a faulty unit. The ringtone on max is about half as loud as a iphone and the earpiece volume is about half of any other phone that i have owned.

Has any other owners experienced the same?

Advertisement
  2. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Are you running the latest firmware?

I thought I read somewhere that the latest firmware fixes low-volume issues. IIRC it was a firmware update not available OTA.

3. kimchi29

hmm new firmware already? i'll take a look at that. I also noticed some crackling in the headset earpiece. Hope its not hardware related.

4. Patatorz

Patatorz New Member

Hello, I just run with a X10i since 1 day (bought in France but it seems it's a german device). I agree on the point that the volume is very low in the ear piece. The major issue is that when I increase the volume (more than 3/4 to full volume) I hear popping an cracking. Do you have the same issue ?

Best regards

Patatorz

5. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

Are you guys using wired pieces? I am using a SE stereo BT piece and it's fine....

6. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member

Agree. My UK phone is not loud in terms of ringtone and during calls.

7. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

I'll try with a wired set because my BT works well both for music and calls but, of course, it's got its own amplifier...

8. redesignni

redesignni Active Member

I dont find the earpiece that low... Definately on Par with my iPhone 3GS. The ringing volume tho I would like to have been louder but its not that bad... bout the same as my 3GS

9. Patatorz

Patatorz New Member

Hello, I was not talking about the wired or BT earpiece but the one inside the X10i which cracks and pops when I increase the volume higher than 50/70%

Best regards

10. waleed786

waleed786 Member

my ringtone volume is very low too. I have the X10i, where can I get the firmware update?

11. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member

Normally find updates on the phone maker's website under the 'support' area for any particular phone.

12. kimchi29

i also get the popping and cracking noise when it is on max. i really wonder if i could flash a different rom. i love the hardware but the software issues are driving me nuts. come on xda developers!!!!!

13. Patatorz

Patatorz New Member

Hello Kimchi29, I'm in France but the phone is a German version (de). It seems other people have this issue in France.

Best regards

14. davethorp

davethorp Well-Known Member

I have a UK model and have noticed the low volume, especially when listening to music.

I've seen new firmware mentioned on a couple of threads here but whenever I go to software update either on the phone or my PC it says I'm already running the latest

15. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member

Update made no difference to the volume on mine.

16. kersey

kersey Well-Known Member

How is the vibration feedback on the phone during ringing or message alert...if I can't hear it ring I would as least like to be able to feel it ringing, hope it's not as wak as the Xperia X1 was...

17. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member

Not great. Sorry!

18. novalistic

novalistic Member

I got the same problem, phone's earphone volume very low, ringtone also very soft. But if I use SonyEricsson original wired headset, the volume is loud and the base is great.

19. Koyanishi

Koyanishi Well-Known Member

Interesting.

My x10i earphone volume though not loud is adequate, as is the speaker and ringtone volume. Ring vibrate is quite a bit less than my g1.

Also have had no problems at all with the stock keyboard.

What is a problem is the many hours it takes to charge the phone and how quickly the battery drains.

20. puppet_master

puppet_master Well-Known Member

Mine is so loud that I jump when I get a text message and I have to run games on the lowest volume setting

Edit: I have also taken a call standing next to a busy road with no problems

-pup-

21. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member

Wow! You've either got a special handset or super sensitive hearing! I've tried another unit instore and no different to my original one. My previous Nokias and even the HTC Hero are waaaaaay louder.

22. novalistic

novalistic Member

Ya, it drain quite fast if I watch video & youtube, I love that so no choice! :eek:
    Hope SE come out the Android 2.1 ++ to resolve the battery drained (leak) issue. :confused:
    Currently, I got a spare original X10 battery free when I bought X10 plus a "Mili" brand battery pack, so total I got 3 batteries. :cool:

23. mystiqueen

mystiqueen Member

I'm ok with the volume but seems there are echos whenever I speak into the phone and the other party sounds like on speaker phone too (with echo at the background). Anybody has this experience?

24. novalistic

novalistic Member

Yes! Occationally, I got that echo thing . . . :(
    IMO . . . If I not wrong, most likely is we are using the phone near the Wifi Zone or Magnetic field environment such as TV, PC / Speakers, etc. :cool:

25. mystiqueen

mystiqueen Member

OMG, TV, PC / Speakers...it's everywhere... gonna have tt echo everywhere??!! losing heart on my 20 days old x10