• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone and notifications constantly changing when...

Legobricke

May 26, 2010
Ok...

I can't wait until the OTA ICS upgrade...

Here is hoping that HTC fixes this ringtone and notification issues.

Everytime I use my headset and unplug, it causes my ringtones and notifications to change to something random...

It doesn't happen to every one of my presets, but it does change a majority of them...

All ringtones and notifications are in the proper folders, yet it constantly changes them when I unplug the ear phones....

I have factory reset this thing and it still does it...

No idea why...

Anyone else with this issue? Any fixes?

Lego

Today it happened again when I downloaded a ringtone from ZEDGE...

Once I set it (through Zedge) to a contact... BOOOOOM...

Ringtones and notifications randomly changed again...

Lego
Just for what it's worth, my experience...

Ringtones seem to work much more reliably if you copy them to the internal storage instead of running them from the SD card. A lot of things can happen to temporarily unmount the SD card, and then the phone reverts to the stock ringtones.

Of course this might not even be what you're talking about :D

Upvote 0
ok...

These are running from internal storage...

The Rezound lists the internal storage as SD card and my SD card as SD external storage.

All ringtones and notifications are set in a Ringtone folder and a Notification folder on the Internal Storage (sd card), not on the Sd card external.

Lego

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones