1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support ringtone autorecommendation

1. jamsterdm

jamsterdm Well-Known Member

So ive googled this to see if I could find an answer but no avail, so... some mp3s when setting as a ringtone I get the ability too Use auto reccomendation where as some others I don't..... Anyone have any ideas as to how to make this work for all songs....

Advertisement
  2. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll ask, what is this "auto recommendation" that you speak of.
    Are you maybe working with "home-made" mp3 ringtones as opposed to purchased one's.
  3. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

I rarely use full songs as MP3's, usually making my own with a few minutes in a sound editor. I only tried to use a full song once and received the popup. My wife got it as well but I can't say what was specific about our MP3's other than being full songs. Maybe location makes a difference? She's working without an SD Card, so all her mp3's are on the built in storage. I did this before I put my SD card in, also using the built in storage.
  4. jamsterdm

I appear to have now fixed it myself, Basically i used tubemate to rip the mp3 in question and it didnt autoreccomend, However i download the song via other means pasted to my phone and now i get autoreccomendation. still a MP3 so strange to me but hey ho all sorted :_)
  5. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

Wrong keywords I guess - I got this on my first google hit

>> Click <<

6. jamsterdm

I know how to do it, its just that it wouldn't do it but as I said sorted now :)
  7. RaeRae918

RaeRae918 New Member

All I have on my s4 is full ringtones. And I download them from either tubemate or free mp3 apps and I also have songs from my comp that I put on my sd card and I have the option to have autorecommendations either way. My question is how does it determine the "best" part of the song? I use an app called ringtone maker and it wont play the song after I edit it. And I stored it under ringtone, its in my list, but when I select it, or set it it doesnt play. Anyone know y? Or have another app to use to edit ringtones?
  8. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

Poorly.