Ringtone can't be set to custom tone

Last Updated:

1. warthog01

warthog01 Member

I've got a number of MP3 ringtones saved in the media/ringtone folder on my SD card. Once upon a time, I could assign one of these as a primary ringtone and that's what I'd get when someone called. For the past few months, however when I assign an MP3 in Settings/Sounds/Phone Ringtone it reverts to a stock ringtone--''Windchime" I think it's called. Not unpleasant, but not what I want to hear. I don't have the same problem with notifications or alarms, although I use the same MP3 files for those--can anyone help me sort it?

Advertisement
  2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Try open the music player, pick a song, then select as ring tone.
    When does it reset? Straight away or after reboot?
  3. warthog01

warthog01 Member

Thanks, Tyseh

I've done that and then called myself from a landline immediately. The MP3 ringtone works, but the next call I got a couple hours later was back to the windchime. I hadn't re-booted or done anything else with the ringtone. Damned thing seems to have a mind of its own!
  4. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Any other apps setting anything else tasker for example.
  5. warthog01

warthog01 Member

No, I don't use Tasker--the only possibility would be Llama, but I don't have it configured to do anything with ringtones or notifications.
  6. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

I don't know what that program does, the other last resort I can think of is factory reset, but that's a ball ache.