ringtone changes after connecting phone to pcSupport

Last Updated:

1. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

Hey seems like when I 'connect USB storage' and then un-connnect it, it changes my ringtone to some boring stock ringtone.

I had this same problem with my problem ridden Xperia X10 but I thought it was a handset problem and not a android system problem. seems to be more the latter problem.

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

when connected to the PC your internal SD card and external card are not accessable by the android system.

This is normal. If rooted one can overcome this by manually adding the ringtones to system/media

If stock there is nothing you can do

Wait wait wait... after disconnecting it does not change back? It should bit you have to give "media scanner time to finish. Make sure that you are also disconnecting the storage through the PC connection BEFORE disconnecting
  3. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

yes it stays on the stock crappy ringtone when I disconect it. but not everytime I dont think.

I always press the 'disconnect storage from PC' screen before I unplug the USB cable. and I wait until scanner is done (which is annoying enough).
  4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

my captivate and now my LG Thrill sometimes does it with the text message alert only. Doesnt change to the standard one but always silences it when i disconnect.
  5. Shazbat

Shazbat Well-Known Member

I get this problem more often than not with my Galaxy S2; my phone appears to lose all my music/videos and I have to reboot it to get them back and re-assign my ringtones, message alert, etc. Given that I take a lot of photos with my phone and upload them to the web or PC, it's a bit annoying that I have to reboot the whole phone afterwards.

On my home PC, with Windows 7, disconnecting it via the handset disconnects it completely. At work, where we're still on Windows XP, I find that although I do it via the handset first, I still have to disconnect it via the 'safely remove hardware'. Could this be relevant?