1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Ringtone directory

1. moggymiaow

moggymiaow New Member

Hi. I have just got my first Android phone, and although I have worked out most things, the one thing I cannot work out is how do you install a new ringtone. I have one downloaded on the phone, but I cant find an option to actually use the one I have downloaded.
    Also I would like to clear out the list of pre-installed options as most I would never use and would like only a list of the ones I would want to switch between.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. samrox144

samrox144 Disabled

read the 5 post for how to add new ringtones

http://androidforums.com/optimus-on...e-ringtone-standard-message-another-song.html
  3. moggymiaow

moggymiaow New Member

thanks, I haven't quite sussed out what seems to get posted in which section on here yet. Also the idea of having to download an app to something so basic had not crossed my mind. (Never had a phone with apps before)
  4. obsidianwings

obsidianwings Well-Known Member

I don't use an app. To use mp3 as ringtone I open it in music, press on it until the menu comes up and click set as ringtone. Or I do what post #5 on the other thread does, to put other ringtones options in the ringtones list in settings make a media folder on your SD card, then put a notifications folder and a ringtones folder in it, then put the ringtones you want to use in the appropriate folders and they will be in the menu along with the rest of the ringtones/message tones the phone came with.
  5. vipul619

vipul619 Well-Known Member

If you have a rooted phone
    open root directory
    system>media>audio>

these are your default ringtones, alarms, message tones etc.
    delete whatever u wish and place whatever u wish.
    reboot!