Ringtone folder managementGeneral

Last Updated: 2011-11-11 09:56:25
  1. Jallis370

Jallis370 Member

When adding costom ringtones into the media folder everything ends up in the same list when choosing ringtones on the phone. Is there any way of making the phone use some sort of foldersystem? I have tons of sounds and music I want to be able to choose because I like having individual ringtones, and message tones thanks to Handcent, set to each contact and having all the gamesounds from several games tend to clutter the list making it really long and difficult to navigate.

Is there any app that fixes this?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

If you create a folder named audio, and then create alarms, notifications and ringtones within that, you'll find that they only become available to the appropriate apps.

Incidently, this folder structure can be located on an external memory card if desired; provided the same folder names are used the files will be correctly identified.
    Russell Ng likes this.
  3. Jallis370

Jallis370 Member

I know this, but I was wondering if it is possible to divide the notifications into more categories. I use sounds from games and one game can contain around 50 sounds. Add some more games and the navigation through it all becomes quite a chore. Is there an app that can categorize the sounds further when choosing them?
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Sub folders within the selection process is not possible I'm afraid