• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ringtone for email

kah22

Jun 16, 2011
I've just set up my Yahoo mail account on my Galaxy s4 but there doesn't seem to be an alert when new mail arrives. Should there be and if so how do I set it up? Can I use a different one from my text messages.

Sorry guys but I'm still on a learning curve :eek:

Kevin

No problem, Kevin!
Which email app are you using, is it the stock Touchwiz app or a third party one?
You should be able to head into the settings of the app and look at notifications. You can set up a ringtone there.
Also, I'm going to move this to the S4 forum so more eyes can see it. :)
Yes realized about an hour after I posted that the question would have been better answered here - thanks for moving it.

Downloaded the Yahoo Mail app from Google Play have no idea whether it is Touchwiz or not.

As I said I can send and receive emails from my Galaxy. I've had a look at my settings - Yahoo Mail - Settings - account settings - notification settings - choose sound (temple bell) and done.

Sent a few emails from another address got the messages but no sound notifications that they had arrived

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Kevin

Upvote 0
As I said I can send and receive emails from my Galaxy. I've had a look at my settings - Yahoo Mail - Settings - account settings - notification settings - choose sound (temple bell) and done.

Are you getting sound notifications for other events such as calendar appointments, sms? The phone ringer volume is different than the volume for event alerts, and may need to be set independently. Setting--> My device-->Sound-->volume - look at volume for notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones