Ringtone from MP3Support

1. dannyfmoc

dannyfmoc Member

Hello,

I have a new Motorola (Android) from Verizon. I am trying to get an mp3 from my main computer (on the desktop) into my Android and make that my ringtone. I have heard there is a simple way to do this.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks !!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

To add MP3 ringtones to the Bionic ...

Connect the Bionic to your PC using the USB cable that came with it.

There will be two devices displayed by File Manager when looking at Computer on the PC.

Create a folder on the SD or SD-Ext ... ringtones ... I chose /media/ringtones

Copy the MP3 files to this folder

Disconnect the Bionic from the PC

The ringones are now available in the various dropdown lists of ringtones.

... Thom
  3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

If you want notification ringtones as well, you can create a folder called "Notifications" for them. They do not have to be on the root of external storage - I have a folder called "Media", with folders called "Ringtones" and "Notifications" in that folder.

Also, the folders can be on the sdcard-ext, as Thom references it - this is the physical SD card; confusingly, sdcard is actually internal storage.
    Thom likes this.
  4. dannyfmoc

dannyfmoc Member

Thanks everyone for your help!!!! I had no idea it was that easy. It's up and running now. Thanks again.
  5. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Thanks for asking ... I never got around to playing with it until you asked ...

... Thom
  6. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

To add to the above instructions, you can use "Ring Droid" to trim a song down for ring tones as well. You can have just the chorus in other words.