• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ringtone issue can anyone help fix

Rowdy1973

Lurker
Jan 11, 2013
hi. note 2 here. does anyone else have an issue when they assign a ringtone and then when someone calls, the first 1.5 to 2 seconds of the tone are almost silent? and then after the 2 seconds, it is normal volume. this is happening with mp3 assigned tones, zedge downloaded tones, and oem preloaded tones. anyone have the fix? thanks.

There's a thread in this forum about this topic, from when the phone was first released. It was never really an issue for me, and now I'm thinking it's actually a "feature", rather than a "problem", as it offers you a few moments to answer/silence the incoming call, for those times when you forget to turn down the ring volume (e.g. meetings, movies, church, etc).

Upvote 0
It is intentional functionality to allow you to pick up and answer the phone before it gets annoying to others. I kind of like the idea but it should be configurable by default on the phone without an app. I don't believe it is exclusive to Samsung though it apparently isn't default for stock Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones