• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ringtone issues

My friend has the Casio Commando, and we used an app called ringtone maker. It turns songs into 30 second long ringtones then sets them for you. For phonecalls it works fine. When it comes to notifications it doesn't. You can set it in the app and it will show up in the sound settings as being set. Though the notification sound doesn't change. Also setting it to silent doesn't work either still plays. Even changing the tone to a pre-loaded one still stays to the default one. Any ideas?

yeah... heres the short version.. notification in the devices main menu is for E-mail... go into the text message system (or what ever else you are trying to get for a notification) tap menu>settings>scroll down, check notifications>select rigntone.

Good luck

EDIT: BTW I use Myxer, it saves into the subroot notifications folder so they are available in all the programs, text, email, alarm etc. your may not, if you insist on using it then you may have to follow some of space wranglers solution before mine will work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones